News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Copied from @fromyeg on another forum:
1727313980708.png

I will be so happy to finally see a useful bus go up Victoria Trail on the Northside. Abbottsfield is severely cut off from groceries now that Walmart is closed and its currently a long winding bus ride up north.

For these bus routes, I wonder if the R5 or R14 could be extended south to connect with 23 Ave/Maskekosihk Way, Henday SW and Windermere/Leger Transit Centres.

Transit Service Needs To Meet Population Growth (Executive Committee, Oct 9)
  • Improved frequency: Improved service on existing routes with high productivity, including enhanced weekend service on crosstown routes and Route 747 to the airport (contingent on matching contributions from Leduc County and the City of Leduc).

I don't know that public transportation usage is growing in terms of mode share versus personal vehicles but the enhancements are needed with population growth we've had.

Wish we had updated, by weekday/weekend time period productivity data for routes 56 & 516, is population growth outpacing improvements to off-peak frequency & coverage?

No weekday/weekend all time period data from Feb 2024 to show the impact of improvements added in Sep, December 2023 & Feb 2024.

No route report cards since Feb 2023, although there is more recent weekday data from Sep 2023. I don’t think weekday off-peak includes early morning, late & maybe even no early evening.

Productivity of routes like 915 probably hasn’t moved much in some time periods. +/- 10%?

Last edited:
Transit Service Needs To Meet Population Growth (Executive Committee, Oct 9)
  • Improved frequency: Improved service on existing routes with high productivity, including enhanced weekend service on crosstown routes and Route 747 to the airport (contingent on matching contributions from Leduc County and the City of Leduc).
Since the 747 primarily serves Edmonton, I can't see the count/city of Leduc putting up more cash. The city of Edmonton could add a run every second cycle to yeg/century park directly, and let Leduc cover any increase in mall/leduc service for thier taxpayers.

Since the 747 primarily serves Edmonton, I can't see the count/city of Leduc putting up more cash. The city of Edmonton could add a run every second cycle to yeg/century park directly, and let Leduc cover any increase in mall/leduc service for thier taxpayers.
It might serve Edmonton, but it's bringing people to spend money in Leduc County, or supplying workers to jobs in Leduc County which boosts the local economy. Additionally, Leduc Transit only provides service during peak hours. With the Leduc route 10 Leduc riders can pretty much reach Edmonton anytime they want with the 747. The 747 fare includes a free transfer to the Leduc #10, and when boarding the #10 you can pay the $5 fare and get a transfer to the 747. For that reason, everyone involved should pay their fair share, although, given how successful that routes seems to be I would really like to know the cost recovery of it.

Transit service & tracking transit service in the westend falls apart on Saturday - 5:13pm

907.png

913.png

914.png

916.png

917.png

915.png

918.png

Last edited:
Ouch.
---

• ETS own-source revenues per capita in 2023 ($85) diminished by 54 per cent from their peak 2013 level of $187 (inflation-adjusted 2023 dollars). Own-source revenues include fare and non-fare revenues. While COVID-19 had significant effects on all transit systems across North America, the downward movement of ETS revenues per capita began in 2014, long before any impacts of COVID-19. ETS experienced a 23 per cent reduction in revenues per capita in the six-year period from 2013 to 2019. There has been a diverging trend between ETS operating expenditures and revenues since 2013. ETS’s cost recovery levels were 23 per cent in 2023, significantly below 2013 levels (42 per cent).

Ouch.
---

• ETS own-source revenues per capita in 2023 ($85) diminished by 54 per cent from their peak 2013 level of $187 (inflation-adjusted 2023 dollars). Own-source revenues include fare and non-fare revenues. While COVID-19 had significant effects on all transit systems across North America, the downward movement of ETS revenues per capita began in 2014, long before any impacts of COVID-19. ETS experienced a 23 per cent reduction in revenues per capita in the six-year period from 2013 to 2019. There has been a diverging trend between ETS operating expenditures and revenues since 2013. ETS’s cost recovery levels were 23 per cent in 2023, significantly below 2013 levels (42 per cent).

More low income/seniors/subsidized users? More youth and students? More fare evasion? Less full cost monthly passes? And now ARC likely shifting some monthly users to $60-80/month vs $100?

Or other causes as well?

Back