News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'd to the same thing (try to block the car) if it hit me while on my bike and tried to get away with it.

I extracted photos for everyone to make their own judgements.

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 185
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 173
  • untitled3.JPG
    untitled3.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 194
  • untitled4.JPG
    untitled4.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 180
  • untitled5.JPG
    untitled5.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 168
  • untitled6.JPG
    untitled6.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 204
Does anyone else find it strange that the witness reports show Mr. Bryant is a fantastic stunt driver under pressure, as he:
  • is able to drive 90 km/h down a narrow and possibly congested section of road
  • while possibly under attack/threatened by a angry (and likely) drunk full grown man
  • and able to maneuver his speeding vehicle just right in order to have stationary objects hit the man on his hood/hanging onto the side of his car, but not substantially damage the car
  • with reduced visibility as it happened after sunset.

Personally I think a lot of witness testimony at this time is quite unreliable, and likely over time a truer picture will emerge of who did what, and when.

The reports of Bryant trying to get the man off his car by purposely hitting stationary objects seems a little too much like witness speculation at this point.

It's very possible this may be the truth, but for now I'm not putting much stock in this theory.

Last edited:
No, but since you obviously can't see anything in the video, maybe you should stop speculating.
It's hard to see much ... but I'm not the one pointing out the video as evidence of what happened. If it's the intersection of Bay and Bloor, then what could possible explain a cyclist coming up from behind, and swerving in front of a moving vehicle?

I'd to the same thing (try to block the car) if it hit me while on my bike and tried to get away with it.
Though there's no evidence that Bryant hit Sheppard, the first bit of video (second on City TV) suggests that Sheppard cut-off Bryant.

I extracted photos for everyone to make their own judgements.
Oh ... he actually put's his bike in front of the car in frame 2 ... but why does he ever come in front of the car between frame 1 and frame 2? If that's the first contact between the vehicles ... then surely the bike is at fault, as it appears as though it is trying to cut off the car ... and even then, if there was contact, it appears to have been minor, as he kept cycling forward to the front of the car before dismounting.

Then you should be locked up for everyone's safety before you get someone killed!

In your world, the victim goes to jail. Nice.

It's very possible this may be the truth, but for now I'm not putting much stock in this theory.

It's even possible that Bryant was actually the victim, but I'm not putting much stock in this little theory.

IIRC:

on city news, police said the biker didn't appear intoxicated and that he "overstayed his welcome at a friends house" which is why the cops were called. also, the "friends" say he was drunk and that he didn't "overstay his welcome".

:confused:

Well, by definition, they are both victims. Sheppard for obvious reasons (he is dead), but Bryant seems to quite clearly be the victim of assault and harassment. If you really find it so hard to believe that someone who has their car assaulted by a man with a bike lock is also a "victim" then I don't really know what to say.

If you really find it so hard to believe that someone who has their car assaulted by a man with a bike lock is also a "victim" then I don't really know what to say.

"Assulting a car"?

Where was the bike lock? Were you a witness? If so, why are you posting here?

You seem to have plenty to say, even if you don't know what to say.

City news at 5 reported witnesses allege Sheppard assaulted the car with a bike lock. I assume the bike lock was in his hand.

You seem pretty invested in the idea that Bryant is about the worst thing since Pol Pot. Maybe you should, I dunno, keep issuing vacuous statements everyone here knows to be utter crap. Seems to be working pretty well so far for you.

In its simplest form, this is nothing more than a series of unfortunate events. When Bryant stepped into his car that night, he did not do so with the intent of killing a cyclist. Regardless of their actual intent, if a threatening and yelling stranger trespassed into my car, my first thought would be to protect myself and my family. That means getting them out of my car. The best way of doing this is the way that gets them off the quickest. What happens to the trespasser is secondary.

Like most people, Bryant is a good natured person that could hardly be described as a criminal. This unfortunate event could have happened to anyone. Not having been there myself, I can't comment on who caused the initial accident. If it was Bryant's fault, absolutely charge him. However, do not charge Bryant with anything more than careless driving. The cyclist's method of dealing with the situation is ultimately what resulted in his death. Bryant is not a murderer.

IIRC:

on city news, police said the biker didn't appear intoxicated and that he "overstayed his welcome at a friends house" which is why the cops were called. also, the "friends" say he was drunk and that he didn't "overstay his welcome".

:confused:

Sounds like the police are trying to cover their ass. He probably was clearly intoxicated and the cops let him go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to believe the "Second Saab" theory. If you look, when Bryant starts to pull away, Sheppard's head goes back and to the left.

Back, and to the left.

(Jesus Christ, video surveillance is so low resolution as to be damn near useless in this city. People carry around better video cameras in their cellphones.)

Sounds like the police are trying to cover their ass. He probably was clearly intoxicated and the cops let him go.
Given that it's been reported that they had him in the back of the police car, that they ignored or didn't check on his 61 outstanding arrest warrants doesn't put our police in the best light either.

Apparently they were warrants for cashing bad checks in Alberta... not a great thing to do but maybe that sort of thing wouldn't show up on a routine check in Ontario.

Apparently they were warrants for cashing bad checks in Alberta... not a great thing to do but maybe that sort of thing wouldn't show up on a routine check in Ontario.
Perhaps more a systemic failure of our policing system than an error in this case. How they let someone who his friends say was intoxicated to the point of not being able to function bicycle away I don't know ... though I guess the blood tests will either confirm that story, or set it to rest.

You seem pretty invested in the idea that Bryant is about the worst thing since Pol Pot. Maybe you should, I dunno, keep issuing vacuous statements everyone here knows to be utter crap. Seems to be working pretty well so far for you.

And you've convicted the cyclist based on othing but poor speculation.
You seem to think Bryant is a god...but keep spewing your opinion as though it's fact...it looks good on you.

Back