News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Thats not really necessary, but if cops had him handcuffed for what appears to be drunkenness and assault, then saw him get on a bicycle, they should have had some way to issue a sort of DUI.

"maybe there should be a license required to drink alcohol." wasn't a literal proposal but rather an indirect statement that some people are totally irresponsible when it comes to consuming alcoholic beverages.

lets wait to see what the tox reports say though in this situation. hopefully all parties involved were tested.

From all the evidence I've seen, blaming Bryant at this stage is attacking the victim of a crime. Perhaps you should wait a bit before making such accusations.

That's rich. You just outed yourself as Michael Bryant's mother.

Last edited:
Can you link to this video? I have seen nothing of the sort on CTV's website.

Yeah it is on City-TV, not CTV.
Go to the 1:15 marker. They show two different camera shots.
http://citynews.video.citytv.com/video/36650775001/Memorials-Planned-For-Cyclist-Killed-On-Monday/

(my interpretation of events)
If I am correct in understanding the context correctly, the 2nd camera shot they show actually happened first. It seems to happen after the initial collision. Sheppard gave chase to Bryant and attempted to stop him at the light by putting his bike in front of his car. At this point Sheppard was likely so angry that he took his bicycle lock/bag (whatever the object) and hit the car. At that point, Bryant reversed (see the 1st camera shot) and accelerated quickly away to the right. The only thing you can see after that is Sheppards bike sitting on its own. It is hard to tell if he was hanging on or dragged.

Everyone commenting on this thread really needs to watch the video combined with the witness accounts, and I think it will become apparent whose side should be taken.

The article is probably poorly written, but it says "Toronto police are investigating whether a cyclist killed in an altercation with a car driven by former Ontario attorney general Michael Bryant grabbed the driver or the wheel." If the investigation is down to whether it was the wheel or the driver he grabbed, then I don't understand why Bryant has been charged. Though a more likely scenario is that CBC should be investigated for bad grammar.

Everyone commenting on this thread really needs to watch the video ...
It's hard to see much in either. In the second ... the only thing that is evident is that the cyclist changes lanes without signalling. But why is he changing lanes in front of a vehicle that is just leaving a parking spot? Isn't there another vehicle in front?

There's also the question of why did the police not stop someone who was clearly intoxicated from operating a bicycle when they had the chance?

Exactly, I'm surprised the cops would let him go.

But why is he changing lanes in front of a vehicle that is just leaving a parking spot? Isn't there another vehicle in front?

(speculating) He's trying to prevent Bryant from leaving the scene of the initial collision.

... so the cyclist tries to move in front of a vehicle just as it leaves the stop light?

No, but since you obviously can't see anything in the video, maybe you should stop speculating.

Back