News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

michael_bryant__.jpg

Jack_Bauer.jpg

Actually, I was thinking more Stockwell Day
day_ar_211206.jpg

It is sad how our society has a tendency to blame the victims and not the aggressor. Like when a girl gets raped, it is her fault because of the way she dresses. I just think it is wrong.

I don't think your example is a fair characterization.

Hmm…

Let’s see, the Globe now reports the cyclist had been drinking prior to the incident and had been approached by police only hours before. Also eye witnesses claim the cyclist began striking Bryant after the initial dispute. In addition, Bryant’s passenger was his wife.

But as you say, don’t blame the innocent cyclist…

If you look at the time frame, he wouldn't have still been drunk unless he continued drinking after the police left. But like statistics we all like to pick and choose the facts we want to portray the story we want. I'm sure the hospital would have done toxicology tests and those would have been surfacing right now too if that was the case.

What Bryant did is unexcusable while operating a motor vehicle. Listening to the witness accounts it is obvious he intended to and then took this mans life.

If you look at the time frame, he wouldn't have still been drunk unless he continued drinking after the police left. But like statistics we all like to pick and choose the facts we want to portray the story we want. I'm sure the hospital would have done toxicology tests and those would have been surfacing right now too if that was the case.

What Bryant did is unexcusable while operating a motor vehicle. Listening to the witness accounts it is obvious he intended to and then took this mans life.

Toxicology will probably be part of the coroner's report, which usually takes longer.

I know I shouldn’t pre-judge here, but the “victim†sure seems like a nut job.

I know I shouldn’t pre-judge here, but the “victim†sure seems like a nut job.

He could be an escaped mental patient dressed like the Queen of England and it still wouldn't justify putting the word victim in quotes. Bryant still reacted to the situation in a very dangerous way.

He could be an escaped mental patient dressed like the Queen of England and it still wouldn't justify putting the word victim in quotes. Bryant still reacted to the situation in a very dangerous way.

Well, if it turns out Bryant and his wife were attacked, I'd view them as the victims here (not the attacker).

Well, if it turns out Bryant and his wife were attacked, I'd view them as the victims here (not the attacker).

Exactly.
And as more facts come out, it seems to be the case.. What would you do if a crazy cyclist (who had been drinking earlier that night) was holding onto you, while your wife was in the passenger side?? Mr. Bryant felt threatened and did what any normal person would do, defend himself and his family.. It is sad how this ended for both the cyclist and the victim of the assault.

Looking at that they are no way going for manslaughter and Bryant with the help of good lawyers should be able to get a small sentence.

well in that case, i'll make sure i'm on the guest list before i come over for a party at your place and not just tag along (party crash) with a friend that was invited.

well of course also if you either are a threat or you won't leave but I can bond with many people well. :p

Exactly.
And as more facts come out, it seems to be the case.. What would you do if a crazy cyclist (who had been drinking earlier that night) was holding onto you, while your wife was in the passenger side?? Mr. Bryant felt threatened and did what any normal person would do, defend himself and his family.. It is sad how this ended for both the cyclist and the victim of the assault.

If I defend myself and my family by putting other people's lives at risk, I've done something illegal. Driving down the wrong side of the street smashing into poles and mailboxes does not seem like a proportional response.

Doesn't really matter, though, the case is irrelevant - battle lines have been drawn. This cyclist vs. car thing is going to heat up fast.

Okay the Toronto Star says the Bike crashed into the car and that means the Biker was really really drunk and then they argued and Bryant decided the Man was a threat and ran away. Some would say he ran away from a scene but he can easily argue there he was getting away from a crazy man. While Bryant tried to escape, the Biker grabbed on, and then Bryant freaked out and him and his wife started Screaming. Then Bryant used a tree to take him off and the Biker fell off and got run over by the back tires and died and then Bryant then went a short distance believing the man was going to attack him again and then called police.

This is not going to be a simple case, this is going to be likely a rather long drawn out battle. It appears Bryant only mistake is to have used to much force. Biker appears to be at fault as well but sure he made a stupid mistake but did not deserve to die over it.

If a crazy Cyclist jumps on your car you would freak out. However the responsible thing to do would be to slam the brakes and make him fly off and then call the police saying a crazy man is attacking me. He would have faced no problems at all from the police then. :D

Driving down the wrong side of the street smashing into poles and mailboxes does not seem like a proportional response.

That is where we will see a huge difference between Canadian law and American Law. In the US I heard of a case where women is attacked by a crazy pedestrian and he grabs on and she made the sideswipe a pole and he died and she faced hardly anything.

However at most he will be facing criminal negligence at most now it appears. There is no no no way manslaughter can be applied.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/689771

Last edited:

Not if the whole thing was initially a hit-and-run by Bryant on the cyclist which is what police are speculating, but not "saying".

Back