News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If I was attacked by the Biker I would stopped the car taken my field Hockey Stick (yes I keep a field hockey stick handy in the car) and hit him a few times.

Which reminds I should take my field hockey stick out of the trunk and put it beside my seat now:p.

Which reminds I should take my field hockey stick out of the trunk and put it beside my seat now:p.

it's the strangest thing... when i'm on my bike, i hate cars and their drivers. when i'm in my car, i can't stand bikes and bikers.

The cyclists are doing a weird kind of protest. If I were a cyclist, I'd hold a candlelight vigil or something. Protesting like this sounds.....improper, but that's just my opinion.

However at most he will be facing criminal negligence at most now it appears. There is no no no way manslaughter can be applied.

If you've caused someone's death through criminal negligence, you can be charged with either criminal negligence causing death or manslaughter; they have the exact same requirements (causing death by showing wanton or reckless disregard for the lives or safety of other persons) and the exact same maximum penalties (life in jail); I would guess that you're more likely to receive a lighter sentance if you're convicted of criminal negligence causing death, but it's certainly not guaranteed.

This case will turn on the extent to which Bryant can claim self-defence. All this new information coming out about the cyclist will definitely help Bryant's case.

He'll portray himself as Ripley, firing off all those poison gas cylinders to dislodge the crazed Alien, ya mean?

This case will turn on the extent to which Bryant can claim self-defence. All this new information coming out about the cyclist will definitely help Bryant's case.

Even if he goes for the self-defence angle, there's no way logic dictates that it should extend to driving on the wrong side of the road, on the sidewalk, and attempting to lose the clingee like you were in an action movie.

It's all going to come down to the witnesses and what they saw.

This maniac behind the wheel could have killed countless pedestrians on the sidewalk as well...

"It appears Bryant only mistake is to have used to much force."

AND fleeing the scene.

Last edited:
Bryant's Chappaquiddick?
Cyclist's Stonewall?

If I was attacked by the Biker I would stopped the car taken my field Hockey Stick (yes I keep a field hockey stick handy in the car) and hit him a few times.
Well if this were "you" in this situation, you'd be either dead or criminally charged now too. Way to bring some intelligence to the conversation.

This maniac behind the wheel could have killed countless pedestrians on the sidewalk as well..."It appears Bryant only mistake is to have used to much force." AND fleeing the scene.
I'm not taking sides, because I'm sure we don't know everything yet. However, I think it's quite obvious both are at fault here and that includes some very seriously bad, improper and dangerous decision making on the part of Michael Bryant that led to the death of an individual.

AND fleeing the scene.
Where do you get fleeing the scene? The reports indicate that after the drunk cyclist attacked Bryant and threw his bicycle at him, Bryant tried to drive away; wouldn't you do the same if you were attacked by someone? The reports indicate that as soon as the cyclist was detattached from the vehicle, that Bryant pulled over, and call 9-1-1, and didn't leave the area.

How is this fleeing the scene?

Yeah, I don't know where all this "fleeing the scene" stuff is coming from. He didn't flee the scene, which is why he wasn't charged with fleeing the scene.

There's an offence of fleeing the scene because the police want people to stay nearby so they can help the investigation; Bryant turned the corner, parked, called the cops, and stayed there until they got there. That's exactly what you're supposed to do.

Setting aside what he did or may have done before that, he certainly didn't flee the scene.

Bryant turned the corner, parked, called the cops, and stayed there until they got there. That's exactly what you're supposed to do.

Apparently he stepped on the gas and sped into the Park Hyatt (a little more than simply "turning the corner"), where he later called 911, leaving a dying man in the middle of Bloor Street alone. Real smart.

Would it have been so hard to turn off the engine, step out of the vehicle and call the police from his cell phone? By that point, the cyclist was all smashed up on the pavement.

Last edited:
As was said earlier, there's not much point talking about this. The police obviously don't think that he fled the scene or they would have charged him with that. If you think he did, good for you.

Whether he was charged or not, facts don’t lie. All major newspapers even went so far as to map out Bryant’s maniacal path of destruction in today’s papers for all to see. Had he killed an innocent pedestrian on Bloor Street in addition to the cyclist, would he have waited at the scene then I wonder?

Would it have been so hard to turn off the engine, step out of the vehicle and call the police from his cell phone? By that point, the cyclist was all smashed up on the pavement.

Hello the main point is Bryant thought the guy was out to get him and even though he fell of the car he still wanted to get away from him.

That imo is not fleeing the scene.

This is not a car hitting a pedestrian and running away.

Well if this were "you" in this situation, you'd be either dead or criminally charged now too. Way to bring some intelligence to the conversation.

Tell me your in a convertible, not a car remember that. So you can't lock the car and just smile at him... :D

As I was saying if he got out of the car and hit him a few times he would have been fine.

If someone throws a bike at you I think you are allowed to hit something back at him too.

Back