News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The yard seems pretty small in size to be completely honest. No doubt it's an appropriate size for the scale of the Finch West project, but there should be some kind of provision for future tracks for expansion.

The yard seems pretty small in size to be completely honest. No doubt it's an appropriate size for the scale of the Finch West project, but there should be some kind of provision for future tracks for expansion.

Judging by these two photos from above, the green space south of the hydro line corridor and other patches of green could be turned into storage tracks with expansion of the line.

Judging by these two photos from above, the green space south of the hydro line corridor and other patches of green could be turned into storage tracks with expansion of the line.
I was wondering the same thing, especially since I'm not sure if there's enough clearance between the hydro lines and the eventual catenary lines. Even if there isn't enough clearance, I'm sure Metrolinx is willing to pay to bury part of the hydro corridor.

This yard could get really big in a few years time, especially if Finch West/East are built, and the Jane LRT. We could see something like 50-80 Citadis cars stored there in a few decades time.

These buildings are going to be around for a long time, so I wish the architecture was on par with the Leslie Barns. It's not a Taj Mahal, just a really attractive industrial building. It set a benchmark to aspire to.

I was wondering the same thing, especially since I'm not sure if there's enough clearance between the hydro lines and the eventual catenary lines. Even if there isn't enough clearance, I'm sure Metrolinx is willing to pay to bury part of the hydro corridor.

This yard could get really big in a few years time, especially if Finch West/East are built, and the Jane LRT. We could see something like 50-80 Citadis cars stored there in a few decades time.

Likely the Jane light rail vehicles would be stored splitting between Finch West and Crosstown Mt. Dennis facilities.

Is the livery in the rendering a random thing, or is that the actual choice? Seeing as TTC is operating this, I had assumed they'd stay w/that livery, even though Metrolinx is the owner. I don't mind differing liveries but I think
it should be indicative of something, ie. express vs local, conventional vs premium, urban vs. regional. etc.

Is the livery in the rendering a random thing, or is that the actual choice? Seeing as TTC is operating this, I had assumed they'd stay w/that livery, even though Metrolinx is the owner. I don't mind differing liveries but I think
it should be indicative of something, ie. express vs local, conventional vs premium, urban vs. regional. etc.

I wouldn't read too much into the renderings for the vehicles - especially considering that they resemble neither Alstom nor Bombardier products.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The finch LRT should have been a subway. It's going to make traffic worse by reducing Finch Street from 4 lanes to 2 lanes. Or it should be elevated rail like the Scarborough rt.

The finch LRT should have been a subway. It's going to make traffic worse by reducing Finch Street from 4 lanes to 2 lanes. Or it should be elevated rail like the Scarborough rt.

No. A bit of misinformation in your post. Finch is not going to be reduced from 4 to 2 car lanes. It will stay 4 lanes but with 2 LRT lanes also. As well, there is most certainly not enough demand to make it a subway, which costs and construction time would greatly increase.

The majority of Finch Avenue is 4 traffic lanes and will stay 4 traffic lanes (2 traffic lanes in each direction, plus turn traffic lanes), plus light rail tracks and platforms. Why are you so worried about the single-occupant automobile?

No. A bit of misinformation in your post. Finch is not going to be reduced from 4 to 2 car lanes. It will stay 4 lanes but with 2 LRT lanes also. As well, there is most certainly not enough demand to make it a subway, which costs and construction time would greatly increase.
Will the Finch LRT be grade separated?

ohh I see. I thought it was grade separated thus reducing Finch Street to only 2 lanes.

I take back my misinformed comment claiming the LRT will reduce lanes from 4 to 2!

It shouldn't, there's not enough ridership. It would get less ridership than the Sheppard subway while being over twice the length. However, I would agree that it should have fewer stops to increase speeds a bit.

Back