News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The best chance for those who wanted to cancel the LRTs is already gone, in my opinion. It was the provincial election with Hudak promising to cancel them.

I think the next biggest threat is whether progress happens to actually start construction in 2016 & 2017, or it gets delayed even more, which is up to Metrolinx & the province.

Based on this thing from a month ago though:
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/project...nprojects/20140709_finch_west_open_house.aspx

Metrolinx is moving forward with it, and it does seem like contract awarded & construction start in 2016, with design work starting now.

There's still three years to go and too much time. Anything can happen.

Tory keeps flip flopping on this issue. The fact that there is duplicate construction on Finch West strongly suggests to me that Finch LRT is dead. The area near Kipling and Finch is a big mess right now and no LRT is being built.

Tory keeps flip flopping on this issue. The fact that there is duplicate construction on Finch West strongly suggests to me that Finch LRT is dead. The area near Kipling and Finch is a big mess right now and no LRT is being built.
That's for the LRT Andrew. Preparatory construction.

no its not, its regular construction and maintenance. You can't let a road rot for half a decade while you wait for an LRT to be built, you need to make repairs, even if they are temporary.

That's for the LRT Andrew. Preparatory construction.

no its not, its regular construction and maintenance. You can't let a road rot for half a decade while you wait for an LRT to be built, you need to make repairs, even if they are temporary.

Andrew, you could always go online to find what the construction is for. There's no secret anti-FWLRT construction going on.

Anyways I guess you'll be voting for the crackhead...

Andrew, you could always go online to find what the construction is for. There's no secret anti-FWLRT construction going on.

Anyways I guess you'll be voting for the crackhead...

I think he is a Tory supporter. Oh and welcome back andrewpmk. What did Miller do this time?

I am continually puzzled by how anybody could oppose the FWLRT. It'll do wonders for some truly in-need communities and will take over from bus routes of proven high ridership.

The fact that Tory is so wishy-washy about it and the SELRT is infuriating. Which side is this guy on? The side which wants transit built, or the side of the crackhead subway subway subway'ers?

http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...h-west-road14ls-43rd_preconst-not_may5-14.pdf

Nothing here mentions a LRT being built here. The city would not waste money rebuilding this if the LRT was actually going to start construction 1 year from now. Adding "Audible Pedestrian Signals" is not particularly urgent and these would end up being ripped out and replaced if a LRT were built. Since Rob Ford can't be responsible for this, I doubt it if this is a conspiracy, it's simply that the transportation department thinks that the Finch/Sheppard LRT lines are very unlikely to be built anytime soon and decides to repair the road here. Basically I think that the Finch/Sheppard LRT lines are effectively like the Hurontario and Hamilton LRT lines; in theory they have funding, but in practice they are "proposed", subject to a lot of controversy, and the province considers them a low priority.

I think he is a Tory supporter. Oh and welcome back andrewpmk. What did Miller do this time?

Don't worry Andrew, I've got this one.

Miller is using chemtrails to convince everyone in the city, including John Tory, that LRT is a good idea. The only one immute to Miller's chemtrails is Rob Ford, thanks to a natural chetrail resistance afforded to him by all the crack he does.

http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...h-west-road14ls-43rd_preconst-not_may5-14.pdf

Nothing here mentions a LRT being built here. The city would not waste money rebuilding this if the LRT was actually going to start construction 1 year from now. Adding "Audible Pedestrian Signals" is not particularly urgent and these would end up being ripped out and replaced if a LRT were built. Since Rob Ford can't be responsible for this, I doubt it if this is a conspiracy, it's simply that the transportation department thinks that the Finch/Sheppard LRT lines are very unlikely to be built anytime soon and decides to repair the road here. Basically I think that the Finch/Sheppard LRT lines are effectively like the Hurontario and Hamilton LRT lines; in theory they have funding, but in practice they are "proposed", subject to a lot of controversy, and the province considers them a low priority.

That does not prove anything, either way. A large and highly formal system like Toronto's roads department performs repairs on a schedule, and is unlikely to defer it for LRT unless there is a confirmed construction schedule for LRT. Yes that is inefficient in some cases, but it is hard to operate such a large system without following a set of rules.

I expect that if John Tory gets elected, Finch LRT will be built. Tory will not actively push for it, but will co-operate with Metrolinx; and Metrolinx has no reason not to build it with the Liberal government in place.

Back