News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Revealed: major anti-lockdown group's links to America's far right

American Revolution 2.0, which presents itself as bipartisan, has been assisted by far-right individuals – some with extremist links

Fri 8 May 2020 16.55 BST

Katie Miller, Mike Pence's spokesperson and Stephen Miller's wife, has tested positive for coronavirus

From link.

Katie Miller, Vice President Mike Pence's press secretary, has tested positive for coronavirus.

Miller is the wife of President Donald Trump's senior adviser and primary speechwriter, Stephen Miller. Her positive diagnosis raises the possibility that people close to the president have been exposed to the virus.

After the White House said a staffer on Pence's team had tested positive, Trump said a woman named "Katie," whom he described as a "press person," was infected. Politico also reported that Miller is the staffer who tested positive.

"She is a wonderful young woman. Katie," Trump said. "She tested very good for a long period of time. And then all of a sudden today she tested positive."

"She hasn't come into contact with me. She's spent some time with the vice president," Trump added.

"This is why the whole concept of tests aren't necessarily great," the president went on to say. "The tests are perfect, but something can happen between a test where it's good and then something happens and all of the sudden. She was tested very recently and tested negative, and then today I guess for some reason she tested positive."

Trump said Pence "knows about it" and "has done what he has to do." The president added that Pence has been tested for the virus, and it came back negative.

Miller later confirmed to NBC News that she tested positive for COVID-19, adding that she's asymptomatic.

The White House did not offer a comment when contacted by Insider.

At least two Trump administration staffers have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, as of Friday.

"We have put in place the guidelines that our experts have put forward to keep this building safe," White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said during a press briefing on Friday.

"We clean the facility, we social distance, we keep people six feet away from each other," McEnany added.

News of Miller's exposure came one day after the White House confirmed that a member of the US Navy, who serves as one of Trump's personal valets, has also contracted the virus. This development reportedly upset the president, and raised questions about his potential exposure to COVID-19.

"The President and the Vice President have since tested negative for the virus and they remain in great health," deputy White House press secretary Hogan Gidley said in a statement on Thursday.

Trump and Pence have undergone weekly Abbott rapid result tests for the novel coronavirus. The president on Thursday said he will now take daily tests.

Asked why Trump chose not to wear a mask during a visit with World War II veterans on Friday, most whom are in their 90s, McEnany told reporters: "This president is regularly tested. This president will make the decision as to whether to wear a mask or not. I can tell you that those veterans are protected — they made the choice to come here because they've chosen to put their nation first … and I can tell you that the President always puts the safety of our veterans first, and of the American people first."

"We've taken every single precaution to protect the president … and I can assure the American people that their Commander-in-Chief is protected," she added.

Just last week, Pence flouted instructions to wear a face mask during a stop at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. This decision was widely criticized, prompting Pence to take stock of his actions on Fox News on Sunday, and acknowledge he made a mistake.

"I don't think it was necessary, but I should have worn a mask at the Mayo Clinic," Pence said.

Napoleon lost the Russian campaign because of mother nature (winter).

Germany lost the Great War (World War I) because of the Spanish Flu's second wave (it won the eastern front against Russia, and started a build up in the western front).

COVID-19 could be the downfall of the Republicans.

Last edited:
A former editor at the Observer says Kushner's claim of coronavirus 'success' stems from his inability to empathize with other people's grief

May 9, 2020, 1:00 AM
  • An editor who worked for Jared Kushner at the New York Observer described him as lacking empathy and unable to understand grief, in a recent Washington Post op-ed.
  • Elizabeth Spiers recounted an incident where Kushner used the memorial of a staffer to congratulate himself.
  • She drew parallels between Kushner's behavior in that incident and his claims that his coronavirus response team is successful despite being made up of inexperienced volunteers who failed to secure medical supplies for the US.

A phenomenon not particular to the Trump era; though likely exacerbated by it............a man in Georgia was killed for 'Running While Black" .......sigh.

Not to lessen the initial crime/tragedy any......................but here is the real kicker................the men involved weren't charged until this past week, more than 2 months later, after video footage of the confrontation circulated.

From the story...........this quote from Tianna Bartoletta, a Black, American woman, who is also a 3-time Gold Medalist......

“I’ve run through streets in Morocco, Italy, Barcelona, Netherlands, China and Japan,”
she said over the phone on Friday,
“and it’s only in my home country that I wonder if I’ll make it back home.”

To make things worse...

DA blocked cops from making arrests in Ahmaud Arbery shooting: commissioner

From link.

The local district attorney blocked police from making arrests immediately after the Feb. 23 shooting death of unarmed jogger Ahmaud Arbery, two county commissioners said Friday — with one accusing the two of being in cohoots because they were friends.

Cops at the scene of the Georgia shooting had believed they had probable cause to make arrests, Glynn County Commissioner Peter Murphy told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution — but were told to stand down by the DA’s office.

“They spoke to an assistant, who relayed their request to [Glynn County District Attorney] Jackie Johnson,” Murphy told the paper of the cops at the scene.

“They were told not to make the arrest.”

“She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael,” a second county commissioner, Allen Booker, told the paper.

Johnson recused herself from the case entirely a few days after the shooting, Booker said.

Travis McMichael, 34, and his father, Greg, 64, were arrested Thursday, more than two months after Arbery was shot.

The father is a former cop who had worked as an investigator for the DA’s office, the paper reported earlier Friday. He had helped prosecute Arbery in the past, when he was in high school, on a weapons charge.

Johnson’s office did not respond to the Journal-Constitution’s request for comment on Murphy’s account.

Arbery’s 26th birthday would have been today.

“I saw the tape and it’s very, very disturbing,” President Trump said Friday of a video that emerged Tuesday showing the pair scuffling with the unarmed Arbery before he is shot and falls to the ground.

Trump only hires the best...

Three members of the White House coronavirus task force placed themselves in quarantine after contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, another stark reminder that not even one of the U.S.'s most secure buildings is immune from the virus.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-officials-self-quarantine-1.5563483

I always figured that the White House had rooms for this sort of situation where the president could be isolated.

To be fair though I'm surprised he's not at some sort of US Military facility in the middle of nowhere. No doubt the military has classified facilities where they send high ranking officials in times of war.

I'm not thinking Camp David but more along the lines of Cheyenne Mountain or Mount Weather.

Mount Weather is an emergency ops centre and in the middle of nowhere. He could run the country from there without the risk of being exposed to the virus

Back