News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ousted whistleblower Dr. Rick Bright unloads on Trump admin's coronavirus response

Bright said there's no plan to mass produce and distribute a vaccine and warned of the need for a comprehensive national response heading into the fall.

May 14, 2020

Ousted whistleblower Dr. Rick Bright unloads on Trump admin's coronavirus response

Bright said there's no plan to mass produce and distribute a vaccine and warned of the need for a comprehensive national response heading into the fall.

May 14, 2020

It's too bad this so-called " disgruntled employee " waited until he was moved to unload on the White House gang. The US needs to see a lot more disgruntled employees taking out the trash.

Last edited:
They've been in trouble since 2016

The U.S. has been in trouble a lot longer than that.

Periodically, that trouble has been masked by having someone intelligent and eloquent in the oval office; and by America's economic successes, particularly for higher education and income residents.

But to get to a stage where a Donald Trump, with the campaign he had, is able to win said office, attracting something like 46% of the vote...........

That same election saw voter turnout for the US presidency drop to a new low........of 54.5% of eligible voters. (so in reality Trump won with 23% of eligible voters).

The above is part of a secular trend, decades in the making.

Its important to report that America is not all bad; and Canada faces its share of challenges..............(I mean we did elect Rob Ford in this City, and his brother to Queen's Park)

Which is why I always remind people to compare Canada with the best in the world in every space from human rights to environmental policy to crime to income inequality.

Comparing oneself to an under-performer leads to misplaced confidence.

Equally, its important to add the U.S. has made progress in areas like gay rights, and some states have made steps towards higher employment standards, or broader access to higher education.

That said, Trump is the highly visible marker of a country that is struggling to maintain positive momentum in its strongest areas; and to regain some in its weakest.

Last edited:
That said, Trump is the highly visible marker of a country that is struggling to maintain positive momentum in its strongest areas; and to regain some in its weakest.

Given the relatively recent history of ~40% core Republican, ~40% core Democrat and ~20% undecided/third party, virtually every election guarantees that at least ~40% of the electorate will hate whoever is in power. The situation is so partisan down there that, for some of that core, 'hatred' is not too strong a word; firmly believing that 'the other' are criminals and should be in prison. Even within the recent Covid events, government performance such as emergency restrictions, easing, etc. are being parsed on state gubernatorial party lines.

In comparison, we elect somebody then seem to collectively slowly dislike them over time (some faster than others).

Equally, its important to add the U.S. has made progress in areas like gay rights, and some states have made steps towards higher employment standards, or broader access to higher education.

Not to mention rational drugs policy in some places, re: psychedelics. We're way behind on this one, even as we do well with opioids addiction harm reduction. Well, well enough, I guess. Well would be prescription heroin for addicts as a start.

Not to mention rational drugs policy in some places, re: psychedelics. We're way behind on this one, even as we do well with opioids addiction harm reduction. Well, well enough, I guess. Well would be prescription heroin for addicts as a start.

It's all fun and games until the walls start to bleed and the party starts in the ballroom.

It's all fun and games until the walls start to bleed and the party starts in the ballroom.

On the contrary, that's when the real fun starts. You haven't lived until you've seen the walls bleed!

Though, I'm guessing you're referencing some sort of pop culture thing, probably a film, and I have no idea what that is. ?

Trump officials deflect blame for US death toll, escalate reopening push

Mon May 18, 2020

Two of President Donald Trump's top officials are now pointing the finger at the administration's own scientists and Americans' pre-existing health conditions to explain the country's world-leading Covid-19 death toll.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar suggested Sunday that underlying health conditions, including among minorities, were one reason for the high American death toll -- nearly 90,000 as of Sunday evening. And Trump trade adviser Peter Navarro added the government's own Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to its list of scapegoats alongside China and the Obama administration.

The White House has been escalating its effort to recast the narrative of its own chaotic response to the crisis as it aggressively pushes to reopen the country, a process vital to the fortunes of millions of people who have lost their jobs in lockdowns and its own political prospects in November.

The effort follows Trump's repeated early denials that the virus would be a problem for the United States and claims that his administration had it under control months ago.

Lockdown protests may have spread virus widely, cellphone data suggests

Devices associated with protesters travelled up to hundreds of miles after rallies where few precautions were taken

Mon 18 May 2020

Cellphone location data suggests that demonstrators at anti-lockdown protests – some of which have been connected with Covid-19 cases – are often traveling hundreds of miles to events, returning to all parts of their states, and even crossing into neighboring ones.

Navajo Nation surpasses New York state for the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the US

Mon May 18, 2020

The Navajo Nation has surpassed New York and New Jersey for the highest per-capita coronavirus infection rate in the US -- another sign of Covid-19's disproportionate impact on minority communities.

The Navajo Nation, which spans parts of Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, reported a population of 173,667 on the 2010 census. As a result, with 4,002 cases, the Native American territory has 2,304.41 cases of Covid-19 per 100,000 people.

By contrast, New York state now has a rate of 1,806 cases per 100,000 and New Jersey is at 1,668 cases per 100,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

BREAKING: Trump Says he's taking Hydroxycloroquine - has been for several weeks.

Asked if the WH doctor recommended he take hydroxychloroquine, he said he asked and the doctor said, "Yeah, White House doctor...no, I asked him, 'What do you think?' He said, 'Well if you'd like it.' I said 'Yeah I'd like it. I'd like to take it. A lot of people are taking it.'"

Asked what evidence there is that hydroxychloroquine has a preventative impact, Trump says, "Here's my evidence: I get a lot of positive calls about it."

Trump notes the VA study that showed hydroxychloroquine wasn't effective and that there were higher death rates for people taking it, but suggests the people who did study "aren't big Trump fans."

* Corrected earlier version... from Daniel Dale's early post.

Last edited:

Back