News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

'Castle Laws' are wrong; permissive gun laws are wrong..............and this series of posts describes the U.S. situation in a nutshell.

One-upmanship on weapons and violence, rather than preventing crime in the 1st place.

One-upmanship on greed rather than sharing.

One-upmanship on confrontation; rather than conciliation.

It was nuts to watch the CBC news last night with their two reporters and camera ops standing between the mob and police lines, with rocks, fireworks and tear gas going back and forth, with one reporter hit with a tear gas canister and the other almost scorched by a large fireworks explosion, all on camera.. I think the CBC was very irresponsible in putting their reporters there. This isn’t journalism or even informative, it was just tabloid-like sensationalism. As I watched it I wasn’t gaining any knowledge or perspective, instead I’m thinking get them the hell out of there.

I watched that as well. It sort of struck me like the reporters who go out and stand in a hurricane. On the other hand, how else does the real-time media cover it? Long lenses only get you far. Gotta say, though, Katie Simpson seemed pretty cool under fire.

It strikes me as I watch video after video, from different cities, involving different police departments......

That we see incident after incident of police literally attacking people who were not being violent.

Many who weren't even protesting, as in not the feintist whiff of justification.

I've seen one person being shot with paint balls while on their own porch; nurses were treating the wounded in a medical tent attacked by police as well, mid-procedure.

A female protester who might be 5 feet tall in heels, unarmed, thrown to the ground hard enough to cause injury.

Plenty more where those came from.

Its shocking in as much as there seems to be no restraint whatsoever, even while being recorded by media.

I'm not shocked (though I am appalled) by racism and by excessive force by police.

But the sheer audacity; the shrug at being seen to behave this way by thousands or millions........

The fact these incidents aren't isolated, but frequent............

Is deeply disturbing.

In fairness, there are good, well-intentioned police, lots of them; though that has been hard to find in the U.S. the last while.

So when I see it, I will show that too.

Here is a video of police in Flint. Cop took off his helmet, put down his baton, and said the police would like to walk with the protesters.

A fine example of his profession.

Need more of that.

Last edited:
i thnk the issue is the narrative is lost

now the focus is on the violence and either side saying they started it.

Atlanta mayor on Trump: 'He should just stop talking'

Updated 11:57 AM ET, Sun May 31, 2020

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms on Sunday rebuked Donald Trump's rhetoric amid days of protests after the death of George Floyd, saying the President "is making it worse" and is stoking racial tensions.

"He should just stop talking. This is like Charlottesville all over again," Bottoms told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union." "He speaks and he makes it worse. There are times when you should just be quiet and I wish that he would just be quiet. Or if he can't be silent, if there is somebody of good sense and good conscience in the White House, put him in front of a teleprompter and pray he reads it and at least says the right things, because he is making it worse."

i thnk the issue is the narrative is lost

now the focus is on the violence and either side saying they started it.
It's clear that African Americans have lost control of the narrative to white anarchist groups.

So many videos of black women and men literally having to tell white radicals to stop the destruction.

One of them retorted: "They're going to kill you anyway!" Sounds about right as to how these whites see the black movement- as a means to an end (destructive nihilism).

Antifa trash at it again.
When they're not accosting pensioners, they're burning your house down because......um, not even they're clear on why. Comes with being half a brain short of full functionality.

George Floyd death: Lawyer calls it 'premeditated murder'

A lawyer for the family of George Floyd, whose death sparked unrest across the US, has accused a police officer of "premeditated murder".

Minneapolis policeman Derek Chauvin has been charged with third-degree murder, but lawyer Benjamin Crump told CBS news it was a case of first-degree murder.

"We think that he had intent... almost nine minutes he kept his knee in a man's neck that was begging and pleading for breath," he said.

---------
"The fact that officer Chauvin kept his knee on his neck for almost three minutes after he was unconscious. We don't understand how that was not first degree murder. We don't understand how all these officers haven't been arrested," lawyer Crump said.

In fairness, there are good, well-intentioned police, lots of them; though that has been hard to find in the U.S. the last while.

So when I see it, I will show that too.

Here is a video of police in flint. Cop took off his helmet, put down his baton, and said the police would like to walk with the protesters.

A fine example of his profession.

Need more of that.

Wow -good on him. Takes guts. If that occurred in the city, the police chief just got upstaged. Flint could do with some good news lately.

Wow -good on him. Takes guts. If that occurred in the city, the police chief just got upstaged. Flint could do with some good news lately.

The Flint city police are underfunded, understaffed, and by necessity rely on community cooperation. The Genesee County Sheriff's department (which serves a much wider area, both rural areas, more affluent suburbs, and just-as-poor Beecher, north of Flint) often have to help out; they also administer the local jail and court security.

For all the problems Flint has faced since the 1970s (the beginning of GM's long departure that accelerated in 1987), distrust of police and county prosecutors isn't nearly as bad as one might think.

From Miami:
1590959137720.png

1590959168559.png

Source:

Man, I want a hug from the cops who wrongfully arrested me. And the ones who damaged my thumb. And the ones who booted me whilst I was on the ground.

TPS love. ? Actually, the thumb was Metrolinx thugs but still no hugs. Though me and those dudes did have a laugh about the whole situation after the fact. This was before I realised my thumb was messed up. ?

Nah, that's nice to see. True class from the Miami PD. I've just watched over an hour of coverage of the protests and it's clear that the vast majority of looting and violence is being perpetrated by antifa anarchist losers who are much too cowardly to stage their own protests to bring about their braindead revolution and opportunistically use legitimate protests to destroy things.

AAAB 1112 ALL ANTIFA ARE BASTARDS .....to paraphrase their ACAB bollocks.

Back