News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Perhaps a "live chat" function as we had back on EZBoard.
Oh ya, I forgot about this feature. I remember it having quite a viral effect - one member would sit in it for a while, but once a second and a third joined it shot up to usually 6-10+ participants. Good times.

My dream for UrbanToronto is to be host to a icon-filled clickable map of Toronto (perhaps using Google Maps). The map will be filled with various icons denoting new buildings, proposals, transit initiatives, etc. Clicking on a icon will bring up a small popup window giving the quick facts on a project and a few pictures (e.g., floors, height, architect) and a link to the related thread topic(s). Perhaps even adding filters to only see new proposals, tallest buildings, or transit improvements.

This site hasn't had any changes in quite a long time. Definitely not long enough to say "regularly".

I visit regularly. it's part of my daily routine of sites to visit, and if all of a sudden this place is changed dramatically it means re-learning everything. That's just an annoyance when nothing really needs fixing. It'd be like your local grocery store changing all of the aisles. Ya over time I'd figure it out, but why even make that necessary?

This site hasn't had any changes in quite a long time. Definitely not long enough to say "regularly".
Regularly would define the frequency of the interval, not the length of the interval. For example, ice ages occur regularly (every 100,000 years or so).

A signficant reformat more frequently than once every 10 years or so would be excessive.

Would love to have the normal posting functions and features in the social groups area.

how about an urban careers section?

I previously suggested being able to embed videos and google maps.

And in P&C perhaps have a sticky megathread to talk about all the infill and 4-10 storey projects going up. Most of them would not warrant their own thread and would clutter the section and easily get lost since each one would hardly have any updates.

But a megathread would be regularly updated since there'd always be a regular update between them.

Maybe also have an additional P&C section for 905 suburbs, plenty of activity there and may provide an outlet for more threads.

Last edited:
I stress my first point the most, but 2 and 3 are also worthwhile IMO:

1) Check the acne.org boards. I know that sounds weird but do it. It's an incredibly organized board, with simple, readable graphic design and great features for organizing photos into albums on your profile, etc., as well as easier to edit posts, create posts, etc... It's just the best message board I've ever had the pleasure of using. Check out the way a board user's profile looks on that site-- it's organized into tabs, and people can keep track of their own images by posting them into albums. Adds a nice personal touch.

2) Live chat.

3) Please don't "sterilize" or over-organize the boards. That happened at Skyscrapercity and now I feel like many people can't even stand to use it. In fact, it's become desolated.

Back