News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

One could also test it out for a while and if it doesn't work out then collapse it back into one forum, or try something else out.

If 905 threads are put into their own forum, they will really die I think. They already barely get any attention.
Why we feel the need to have borders where none exist is beyond me. I thought many people here felt the same way, but I guess not.

Actually, interest in those areas might increase k. I like to know what's going on in Brampton or Mississauga but it's hard to do in the current P&C because I'm not familiar with the names of the projects and I don't know what area they're in. If there was a dedicated Mississauga or 905 forum I could easily see what's happening out there.

And there are more than enough highrises to warrant having one, and plus it may draw in a larger suburban crowd who are into that stuff.

Other already existing city forums have an additional suburban P&C section such as Vancouver, Quebec City, and Ottawa, and stuff.

Maybe also add one or two more categories on the main page for less clutter and better organization.

Such as P&C, B&A, Transportation, and Webcams, and perhaps Real Estate at the top in one category, which is of course building and development related.

Neighbourhoods, Issues, Retail, Out & About in a 2nd category.

And perhaps a 3rd category for Toronto Photos, Everywhere else Photos, and General Photography.

If that were done, I'd really hate to see that forum called "Surburban Toronto or 905". I'd rather see it layed out maybe like this:

Toronto
-Greater Toronto
-Golden Horseshoe
-Ontario

Mississauga is not really what I'd refer to as a suburb of Toronto anymore. It is its own city now, which happens to be beside Toronto. Of course most of Mississauga is of a suburban nature, that I don't disagree with.

Last edited:
Another suggestion..

Get rid of the polls forum. Instead, make a poll on the main page of the site. Have a link to send suggestions for future polls to.

Also adding this to the bottom of every thread page just like how it is at the top would be great.

Urban Toronto > Greater Toronto Discussion > Transportation & Infrastructure

An archive of historical maps of the city, arranged chronologically, would be a tremendous resource.

And a time-lapse graphic, showing the sequence of how each street was added to the whole - and how some streets disappeared or were renamed - would be truly miraculous thing!

An official Urban Toronto ID card that may or may not gain us entry into buildings or events. Could also be used to pick up chicks (or guys).

A method for flagging key posts in a thread for quick reference - eg the most recent renders, solid facts reported, etc.

Maybe threads could be tagged with '905', 'Etobicoke' and so forth. That way you don't have to file them in separate sections but you still have a way to filter them out. This way you could have all kinds of ways of sorting the threads -- by architect, by height, etc.

Maybe threads could be tagged with '905', 'Etobicoke' and so forth. That way you don't have to file them in separate sections but you still have a way to filter them out. This way you could have all kinds of ways of sorting the threads -- by architect, by height, etc.

I found the tags here to be very useful in exactly that way until they were wiped out in the last UT outage a year or so ago.

I pretty much like things the way they are. The ability to embed video would be great because I find that often people dont notice or are too lazy to click through on video links. If the video was actually live on the page a lot more people would be aware of it / take advantage of it. This in turn might encourage more video contributions by members.

Girlfriends come and go, but UT is always a constant in my life!

Back