News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Was he really supporting the police beating people?

The allegation of beatings has yet to be proven (and I'm talking about due process here).

Was he really supporting the police beating people?
He said they did good work, without qualification. Yet we know there were beatings.

The allegation of beatings has yet to be proven (and I'm talking about due process here).
Proven in a caught of law, sure ... hasn't been proven. But is anyone here really going to call Steve Pakin a liar?

And what counts as 'in custody'?
Well, detained ... not resisting.

Last edited:
He said they did good work, without qualification. Yet we know there were beatings.

He said they did good work. You are the one who loaded the sentence and then made the accusation. Maybe Admiral Beeze could clarify what he actually means - if he wishes to.

Regarding any alleged beatings, these are accusations.

Well, detained ... not resisting.

You can be held (detained) without resisting.

^^ Could you name another place in the country in which you can be just arrested "for being there" ? Oh wait, military bases. But do these areas have riot police everywhere, speculation to attract a terrorist act on world leaders, and havethe main street in the city/town/base sacked by rioters?

I was there and i was not arrested. I was not rioting, however, i was in the area on sunday. To think that the majority of people who were arrested were peaceful takes your level of ignorance to a whole new level.

Can you stop putting words in peoples mouth. Seriously, grow up.
Yes the cops did a good job considering the circumstances.

And since knowing someones political allegiance is so important to you & others who support these vandals, a 28 year-old who has always voted ndp & green just informed you that the cops did a good job.

And since knowing someones political allegiance is so important to you & others who support these vandals, a 28 year-old who has always voted ndp & green just informed you that the cops did a good job.

Not surprising. NDP Mayor David Miller handpicked Bill Blair and supports his thuggish tactics 100% as do all the NDP council members. Notice how the federal NDP have been silent in the face of these police outrages? The far left are as bad as the far right when it comes to suppressing civil liberties . For example look at communist countries.

Some of you need your asses handed to you in a mid-to-upper level university politics course. These blanket "left wing-right wing" statements are just absurd.

Some of you need your asses handed to you in a mid-to-upper level university politics course. These blanket "left wing-right wing" statements are just absurd.

Hey I agree with you!!!

How about a mid level slice of LIFE!

If you felt Toronto was so safe on Sunday. How come you are blaming others for hanging out on Sunday downtown saying it's their own fault for being there?
I didn't say Toronto was safe during the protest. On the other hand, you said Toronto was the most dangerous place in Canada - clearly a ridiculous comment.

If the guy with the prosthetic leg was actually injured as much as was claimed than he should bring the complaint to court. Surly with scrapes/bruises on his arms/body there is enough evidence to nail these fascist cops.

Woodbridge Heights:

Rhetoric about "fascist" cops notwithstanding, just how many court cases against the police for excessive use of force actually went in favour of the complainant?

AoD

From Adam Vaughan's office:

Dear Residents,

At yesterday’s meeting of the Toronto Police Services Board, the Board formally established an Independent Civilian Review of the G20 Summit.

This review will identify and study the issues raised by the Board and the public regarding the oversight, governance, accountability, transparency, communications, and supervision.

Within the next two weeks, the Board will finalize and present the Terms of Reference for the Review. We invite the public to make recommendations on the Terms of Reference.

With the release of the Terms of Reference, the Board will also announce the individual who will lead the review. The Board is currently pursuing a person to lead the Review who has a high level of experience and skill in reviewing complex matters such as this, and whose neutrality and support from all sides will be above reproach.

The Review will last about 8 to 12 weeks. The Review will conclude with a report to the Board with recommendations regarding policy and structural issues.

Individual complaints should be forwarded to the Office of the Independent Police Review Director, Gerry McNeilly. The website is www.oiprd.on.ca.

The public submissions with regards to the Terms of Reference can be made to the Board Office at board@tpsb.ca. For further information and updates, follow the Chair’s blog at www.tpsb.ca.

The Board believes that this Independent Civilian Review is the most appropriate way forward, allowing us to review the oversight and policy aspects of policing at the G20 while not jeopardizing ongoing investigations or individual or policy complaints.

If you have feedback on the Terms of Reference for this Review, or suggestions on who would be a good reviewer, please forward this to me as I can share this with the Police Services Board.

Sincerely,

Adam Vaughan
City Councillor, Ward 20 – Trinity-Spadina

Regarding any alleged beatings, these are accusations.
These are accusations by one of the most respected and well known journalists in the province. I guess who does one believe, a reporter who witnessed it; or Bill Blair, who was caught in several lies during the G20, and particularly the 2-3 days following.

You can be held (detained) without resisting.
Sure you can ... but why beat people who aren't resisting, while being detained?

Back