News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I like those smaller inner city developments. The more the merrier, and with the Green Line coming, anything along Centre street is a good spot for that.

For sure. I just thought it was remarkable how quickly they went up. Like literally came out of nowhere with no warning. I am loving that stuff like this still happens even in such a bad recession. Ohhh Calgary <3

There's even a few projects in not-so-great locations in Mount Pleasant that I'm surprised are going up. I'm actually quite excited to see the individual statistic for neighbourhood population density growth next year when all these are done. We climbed from 3000 to 3500/km2 from 2011 to 2015, so probably by 2020 we'll be looking at 4000/km2. Not bad for a mostly post-war inner city neighbourhood.

8th street underpass all lit up
2017 Jan 7 081.JPG

Attachments

• 2017 Jan 7 081.JPG
    2017 Jan 7 081.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 312
Here's just a recap of the awesome low to mid-rise projects we've had proposed here over the last few months. Things are definitely looking up for Calgary, architecturally :)

BLK60 - 60 units - Shaganappi Station area

Web02.jpg

BV20 - 20 units - Bankview

BV20-Intro-830x956.jpg

Memorial Drive - 39 Units - Sunnyside

216091-truman-memorial-cam004_r3-jpg.95449

Village - 78 units - Bankview

23268-80992.jpeg

Block on Fourth - Office - Mission

image2-jpg.93831

West 17 - 102 units - Westbrook

ncca160123-r02-view1-jpg.92928

Hive - Mixed Use - Inglewood

Hive-03.jpg

Minto Sunnyside - 104 units - Sunnyside

minot-sunnside-jpg.86771

Kensington Mixed-Use - 180 units - Hillhurst

image16-jpg.94173

I was thinking of adding that one, but it's not a recent proposal, it's like 2 or 3 years old.

Some really good low-rise and mid-rise proposal out there. I hope this is the new standard going forward.

Hi guys,

Just happened to stop by here today so I thought I'd give an update at least on the projects that we're currently working on:

BLK60 - This one has an approved DP and the developer is waiting for the economy to bounce back a little before proceeding to the Building Permit stage

BV20 - This one is in for BP and is on budget. Construction will be starting in the spring

Village - Currently in for DP and concurrent land use re-designation. We're hopeful that this will break ground in late 2017

Block on 4th - This was a very high level (and under-developed) concept sketch we did for the land owner and it hasn't moved beyond this early stage. I think he's testing the market

Hive - This one is currently in for DP and we expect approval by the end of the month. Construction will begin this spring

As a teaser, we're also working on new concepts for Railyard Brewing, a refurbishment of the two commercial towers of McLeod Place, and a 19 unit multifamily project in Lower Mount Royal.

Finally, our Tin Box project in Canmore has been completed for a few months and I'd say it turned out pretty well!
LP_MoDA_TinBox_01-Edited-CH.jpg
LP_MoDA_TinBox_03-Edited-CH.jpg
LP_MoDA_TinBox_06.jpg

So we can look forward to seeing BV20, Village, and Hive all coming to reality in the near future? This is excellent news. Thank you so much for the update! I'm sure we all appreciate it. :)

Great update. How many of those are MoDA?

Also it would be great of MoDA's forum member could pop by again and give us some updates. :)

Speak of the Devil and he shall...

Hi guys,

Just happened to stop by here today so I thought I'd give an update at least on the projects that we're currently working on:

BLK60 - This one has an approved DP and the developer is waiting for the economy to bounce back a little before proceeding to the Building Permit stage

BV20 - This one is in for BP and is on budget. Construction will be starting in the spring

Village - Currently in for DP and concurrent land use re-designation. We're hopeful that this will break ground in late 2017

Block on 4th - This was a very high level (and under-developed) concept sketch we did for the land owner and it hasn't moved beyond this early stage. I think he's testing the market

Hive - This one is currently in for DP and we expect approval by the end of the month. Construction will begin this spring

As a teaser, we're also working on new concepts for Railyard Brewing, a refurbishment of the two commercial towers of McLeod Place, and a 19 unit multifamily project in Lower Mount Royal.

Finally, our Tin Box project in Canmore has been completed for a few months and I'd say it turned out pretty well!
LP_MoDA_TinBox_01-Edited-CH.jpg
LP_MoDA_TinBox_03-Edited-CH.jpg
LP_MoDA_TinBox_06.jpg

... grant you sweet updates.

Thanks MoDA! I hope BLK60 can move forward sooner rather than later, but it seems like we have quite a bit to look forward to until then. I think I'm looking forward to Hive most of all. It's quite different. All great work as usual.

Back