News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Thanks for posting that Michael!

I've posted some pics off of the onl-line doc in the City Centre project in the thread, and the images from the Gablecraft in that thread.

Last edited:
Ever since seeing this on the internet years ago - this is what I've wanted for the flyover :p

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/07/street-artist-megx-creates-giant-lego-bridge-in-germany/
lego-new-640x960.jpg

Thanks for posting this link Michael S, It's a lot of info, maybe I'll grab a glass of Scotch and peruse through it this weekend
So there are some interesting items on next week's Planning Commission agenda. I really don't like how they now format posting the agenda, because you can no longer go directly to the individual items, so here is a link to the overall agenda, and I will list what I think are interesting items below:
http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Docume...mission/agenda/2017/agenda-cpc-january-26.pdf

- Not necessarily skyscraper related, but a new suburban community in the deep south of the City. Outline Plan can be seen on page 151.
- City Centre Tower 2: Item starts on page 233, but renderings/DP drawings start on page 247.
- Gablecraft's 13th Avenue highrise project: Item starts on page 329 (east tower) with DP drawings on page 343. West tower item starts on page 395, DP drawings on page 410.

It looks like the city is planning on revitalizing the space underneath the 4th ave flyover.
http://engage.calgary.ca/flyover?redirect=/flyover

Hopefully this turns out well and creates a drive to improve some of the other underutilized spots throughout the core.
That spot really needs something. I put in my input as a a small cafe (like Boxwood only maybe smaller) and a patio. I'm not sure if it's workable or not, but it would be kind of cool.

Not sure how much information has been posted about Infinity yet (corner of 34 Ave and 19 St in Marda Loop). Here's the rendering...

cover-infinity.jpg

source: http://www.thesnrgroup.com/residential/infinity/

...and here's what it's replacing:
infinity.jpg

Here's the state of the permit: https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#DP2014-5144

There's also a sign up saying that a Good Earth will be moving in. It will be nice to have another coffee shop in Marda Loop. Second Cup closed down months ago and it's hard to find a seat at P&S.

Attachments

• infinity.jpg
    infinity.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
CCF posted this link regarding CMLC over at SSP
CMLC Report

There is some great info in there and I would suggest you take a flip through for more info. A fewof the things that jumped out at me are below.

XYZ site update:
Parcel M2 – XYC Design + Development As joint venture partner, CMLC will work with East Village developer XYC Design + Development to design and construct a parkade below a 21,000 SF commercial development that XYC is constructing next to RiverWalk Plaza. As this is considered a difficult development parcel to activate, CMLC will build, hold and own the parking structure until 2019, when it will be sold to the developer

9th Avenue SE Parkade:
Concept design is underway; detailed design, permitting and approvals are expected in Q1 2018.

9th Avenue SE Bridge:
With detailed design scheduled for completion in Q3 2017, the City aims to begin construction in 2018.

The second N3 building is now Velo:
In June 2014, CMLC sold two land parcels near the St. Louis Hotel to Knightsbridge Homes – our first major land deal with a Calgarybased developer. Designed with Generation Y in mind, Knightsbridge Homes’ twin projects along 8th Avenue SE will add 300 condominium homes to East Village. The first phase – N3 – is now under construction and will be ready for occupancy in spring 2017. Knightsbridge is now conceptualizing phase 2 of its East Village project – Velo. More than any other development in East Village, Velo is imagined as a mix of housing types including micro suites, seniors’ housing and housing for the ablydisabled all in one tower.

Vibe:
For the second phase of their planned development on Block Q across from Verve, FRAM + Slokker will build Vibe – a 10-storey condo tower that fronts onto the pedestrian RIFF between Fort Calgary and the new 5th Street Square. An intimate boutique-style building, Vibe will comprise a collection of affordable, modern interior suites with large balconies and terraces. Designed as mid-range product, Vibe will offer a variety of floorplans to accommodate a range of buyers seeking affordable price points. The project will launch in stages beginning in late 2017

Arris
In anticipation of Arris’ launch, the project has been designed and permitted, and Embassy BOSA has built the show suite. In other words, Arris is ready for launch as soon as market conditions improve. The developer anticipates launch in early 2018.

Courtyard:
Activation of private land – Copez The East Village Courtyard (Copez) project is a master-planned block with a mix of uses including residential, retail and office in four high-rise towers that tie into the East Village master plan. The developer is currently working with City planners on land use and permitting.

Last edited:
That is all fantastic information. It looks like the rumour I heard about M2 starting within the next year wasn't really just a rumour after all!

Last edited:
Not sure how much information has been posted about Infinity yet (corner of 34 Ave and 19 St in Marda Loop). Here's the rendering...

cover-infinity.jpg

View attachment 96867

There's also a sign up saying that a Good Earth will be moving in. It will be nice to have another coffee shop in Marda Loop. Second Cup closed down months ago and it's hard to find a seat at P&S.

Looks like a complete win-win for Marda Loop. Thoughts @DougR ?

I'm not a fan of the design of Infinity, but I am a fan of how much retail frontage the project includes. It's definitely a win for Marda Loop, and it expands the business zone off of 33rd which is also another win.

The scale and the retail on main floor are huge plusses, I also love the fact that there is a street patio off the building. I'm not sure how much I like the overall look of the building, but it looks like a very livable building where one could actually talk to their neighbors out on the balconies.

cover-infinity.jpg

View attachment 96867

So the office portion of Verve is now changed to residential. I'm not surprised given the office space market, but that's a shame because a bit of office space would be nice in EV

CCF posted this link regarding CMLC over at SSP
CMLC Report

There is some great info in there and I would suggest you take a flip through for more info. A fewof the things that jumped out at me are below.

XYZ site update:
Parcel M2 – XYC Design + Development As joint venture partner, CMLC will work with East Village developer XYC Design + Development to design and construct a parkade below a 21,000 SF commercial development that XYC is constructing next to RiverWalk Plaza. As this is considered a difficult development parcel to activate, CMLC will build, hold and own the parking structure until 2019, when it will be sold to the developer

9th Avenue SE Parkade:
Concept design is underway; detailed design, permitting and approvals are expected in Q1 2018.

9th Avenue SE Bridge:
With detailed design scheduled for completion in Q3 2017, the City aims to begin construction in 2018.

The second N3 building is now Velo:
In June 2014, CMLC sold two land parcels near the St. Louis Hotel to Knightsbridge Homes – our first major land deal with a Calgarybased developer. Designed with Generation Y in mind, Knightsbridge Homes’ twin projects along 8th Avenue SE will add 300 condominium homes to East Village. The first phase – N3 – is now under construction and will be ready for occupancy in spring 2017. Knightsbridge is now conceptualizing phase 2 of its East Village project – Velo. More than any other development in East Village, Velo is imagined as a mix of housing types including micro suites, seniors’ housing and housing for the ablydisabled all in one tower.

Vibe:
For the second phase of their planned development on Block Q across from Verve, FRAM + Slokker will build Vibe – a 10-storey condo tower that fronts onto the pedestrian RIFF between Fort Calgary and the new 5th Street Square. An intimate boutique-style building, Vibe will comprise a collection of affordable, modern interior suites with large balconies and terraces. Designed as mid-range product, Vibe will offer a variety of floorplans to accommodate a range of buyers seeking affordable price points. The project will launch in stages beginning in late 2017

Arris
In anticipation of Arris’ launch, the project has been designed and permitted, and Embassy BOSA has built the show suite. In other words, Arris is ready for launch as soon as market conditions improve. The developer anticipates launch in early 2018.

Courtyard:
Activation of private land – Copez The East Village Courtyard (Copez) project is a master-planned block with a mix of uses including residential, retail and office in four high-rise towers that tie into the East Village master plan. The developer is currently working with City planners on land use and permitting.

Another throwback construction pic.....any guesses? I made this one a bit tougher.
Image2.jpg

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 301

Back