News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Bow River flood barrier and Eau Claire promenade today, different pathway surface treatments showing delineation between walking/cycling but no signage/markings yet

View attachment 451765
View attachment 451766
View attachment 451767
View attachment 451768
View attachment 451769
View attachment 451770
View attachment 451771
I'm going to love being able to
- go down the bike path at a decent clip without worrying about bumping into a pedestrian
- walk down the pedestrian path without worrying about the occasional idiot on a bike who thinks as long as he's ringing his bell constantly he can go at a high speed

I loved it when they separated the pathways through Eau Claire. No more listening to guys on bikes yelling out 'To the left!' every 3 seconds lol. I have nothing against cyclists, but that stretch of pathway used to showcase which cyclists were morons.

I'm going to love being able to
- go down the bike path at a decent clip without worrying about bumping into a pedestrian
- walk down the pedestrian path without worrying about the occasional idiot on a bike who thinks as long as he's ringing his bell constantly he can go at a high speed

I think we know these things will still happen regularly.

I loved it when they separated the pathways through Eau Claire. No more listening to guys on bikes yelling out 'To the left!' every 3 seconds lol. I have nothing against cyclists, but that stretch of pathway used to showcase which cyclists were morons.
Separated infrastructure is more civilized. I think this is the last stretch between 10 Street NW and Inglewood that is unseparated?

Great to see - now that the core section is upgraded in quality and capacity, it's time to progressively extend the separated lanes all along the river network. West of 10 Street NW/Louise Bridge on the south side seem like the natural next step for pathway twinning as it's always crowded and tons of mixed speed pathway traffic everyday.

New pathway looks great! Love the paving stones that now provide a uniform and high class look. Can’t wait for the final landscaping, wish they planted more trees.

Flood wall looks terrible. Oppressive and ugly. It really cuts off and segregates everything. I hope that’s not the final finished look and they do something to it in the spring. Just leaving that sharp, rusty metal exposed like that not only looks like shit but seems like a safety hazard. That sidewalk in Eau Clare….no comment. Absolutely pathetic and lazy for such a prominent plaza.

New pathway looks great! Love the paving stones that now provide a uniform and high class look. Can’t wait for the final landscaping, wish they planted more trees.

Flood wall looks terrible. Oppressive and ugly. It really cuts off and segregates everything. I hope that’s not the final finished look and they do something to it in the spring. Just leaving that sharp, rusty metal exposed like that not only looks like shit but seems like a safety hazard. That sidewalk in Eau Clare….no comment. Absolutely pathetic and lazy for such a prominent plaza.
I think once the shrubs along side the flood wall mature, it won't be very visible.

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s the plan. Construction crews for the barrier are gone, and the parts that have been capped with wood have been for ages. If they were going to do it, winter wouldn’t have stopped them… nor fall or late summer for that matter 🤷🏻‍♂️

any idea whats up here?

8C5B8757-AC64-483C-B818-52883EB9BA9C.jpeg

Back