News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm up for discussion on either one :) I had heard something about 9th being re-done, but had forgotten about it. My only hope is they build something wide so that there can be a nice path from downtown into Inglewood.
While I hope the bridge accommodates pedestrians as well, we did just get a brand new bridge across the Elbow river connecting Inglewood to Fort Calgary lands.

Orchard is going ahead?

Yes, I've said it several times on here since I joined. Brad Lamb's Edmonton projects are on hold but both Calgary projects are moving forward, he announced that in 2015. Orchard has gotten to at least 70% sales. I'm not sure what Lamb's go-ahead targets are though, 70 or 80%. They might also be waiting for 6th and 10th to be complete before moving over to Orchard, just like Fram + Slokker did with First and Verve.

An article in the Globe and Mail from February states that Orchard will break ground within 6 months. So 6 months from February would be by August. Either way, yes, Orchard is moving ahead. Even if they don't start within 6 months, they wouldn't set a start date if they hadn't reached their sales target already. Lamb Developments is just bad at getting started on time.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real...r-an-alberta-real-estateboom/article34109117/

Last edited:
I admire your optimism Urban Warrior, I'm a little more sceptical of Orchard going ahead anytime soon. I hope I am wrong, and you're right.

It's all conjecture at this point.

why wouldn't they have a targeted start date right from the start?

I admire your optimism Urban Warrior, I'm a little more sceptical of Orchard going ahead anytime soon. I hope I am wrong, and you're right.

I don't know why you'd be skeptical though. Orchard has clearly reached the sales target, or they wouldn't have set a timeline. Either way, I also hope I am right and that you're wrong. :p haha

I don't know why you'd be skeptical though. Orchard has clearly reached the sales target, or they wouldn't have set a timeline. Either way, I also hope I am right and that you're wrong. :p haha

A good reason would be that you're just speculating on what was written in newpaper articles and a developer's word back in 2015. We're all pretty much speculating here. We don't word it as fact though.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? The article is from February 2017. Maybe try... you know... reading what I post before responding?

Maybe you should chill. I didn't say the newspaper article was from 2015.

I'm not un-chill. I'm just wayyy too used to jerks shitting all over me for no good reason on Skyscraperpage, and it's never going to happen again, especially here. Not saying that's what you're doing, but you've come damn close in the past.

Yes, I'm optimistic, but only because I have reason to be. You guys, on the other hand, have no reason to be as pessimistic as you're being. Especially in light of how many starts we have seen in just the past 6 months, and the news article about Lamb Developments that I posted. So I'm going to continue to be optimistic, and if you don't like it, too bad. We'll eventually see what happens anyways :)

Last edited:
6th and 10th took a while to actually get going, and it's almost done now. I think Orchard should get going soon, really welcome as much new development in the area as possible.

Like I say Urban Warrior, I admire your optimism. I'm a skeptic by nature, so I really so hope I'm wrong and you're right. If I am wrong it wouldn't be the first time lol.
I'm not un-chill. I'm just wayyy too used to jerks shitting all over me for no good reason on Skyscraperpage, and it's never going to happen again, especially here. Not saying that's what you're doing, but you've come damn close in the past.

Yes, I'm optimistic, but only because I have reason to be. You guys, on the other hand, have no reason to be as pessimistic as you're being. Especially in light of how many starts we have seen in just the past 6 months, and the news article about Lamb Developments that I posted. So I'm going to continue to be optimistic, and if you don't like it, too bad. We'll eventually see what happens anyways :)

It's how you presented your optimism. It flirts with dishonesty.

"Either way, yes, Orchard is moving ahead."

It make sense that it will be built at some point. You cannot imply with absolute certainty that it will.

Then take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm a university student, not an expert. But yes, everything that's going on in this city, plus the evidence, tells me that Orchard will be built with certainty.

I'm just stoked to think we have another 3 fairly substantial projects to look forward to in this coming year alone :)

It's how you presented your optimism. It flirts with dishonesty.

"Either way, yes, Orchard is moving ahead."

It make sense that it will be built at some point. You cannot imply with absolute certainty that it will.

Best thing that could happened to the project is if Arena Plan B was confirmed. Orchard has a head start on any other residential development that is being planned for that stretch of 12 Ave or 11 Ave behind it. More people would step up and buy as a result.

Best thing that could happened to the project is if Arena Plan B was confirmed. Orchard has a head start on any other residential development that is being planned for that stretch of 12 Ave or 11 Ave behind it. More people would step up and buy as a result.
Would help retail units in that development as well.

Back