News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Per the CPC's agenda for next week, a DP for a 90 unit multi-res building in Ramsay on 8th St - just south of 9th Ave and the CPR tracks called "River's Edge"

The Inglewood area getting more density .. Another by Torode

That's actually a great location (so long as you're not on the cpr side)

The railroad was there before the road. If the city wants to grade separate, then they could.

That's actually a great location (so long as you're not on the cpr side)

I heard it was going to be a rental project. I can't imagine anyone buying a unit on the CPR side. Rent would have to be pretty cheap too. The edge of the property is 40-50 feet from the tracks. Those trains can be pretty noisy.

The railroad was there before the road. If the city wants to grade separate, then they could.
True, but it bites that they are now deciding to close the crossing after all these years.

Does anyone know if there will still be a pedestrian crossing after the road closure?

Any update when the city plans to start construction on West eau Claire park by the peace bridge? I just recently discovered the plan and it looks great. Will really help to put the finishing touches on the bridge, especially the south side where it's nothing but a giant dead grass field.

True, but it bites that they are now deciding to close the crossing after all these years.

Does anyone know if there will still be a pedestrian crossing after the road closure?
There is already a path there now, between the property and the tracks, that leads under the bridge to 9th Ave.

The railroads have too much power for these kinds of things.
CPR and the city had an agreement from 100 years ago or something allowing CPR to close that crossing at any time, so they're grandfathered in.
CPR would have to agree to a grade separation as they technically own the land the tracks are on, and I doubt they would allow it as it would be extremely difficult to re-route the line while an underpass gets built. I think Ramsay and Inglewood both just lose on this one.

It's too bad the government didn't build in a 100 year clause or something along those lines when doing the initial agreement. I totally get why they gave the rail-roads such power over land at that time. It's a shame they didn't have a time limit.

CPR and the city had an agreement from 100 years ago or something allowing CPR to close that crossing at any time, so they're grandfathered in.

CPR would have to agree to a grade separation as they technically own the land the tracks are on, and I doubt they would allow it as it would be extremely difficult to re-route the line while an underpass gets built. I think Ramsay and Inglewood both just lose on this one.

It's too bad the government didn't build in a 100 year clause or something along those lines when doing the initial agreement. I totally get why they gave the rail-roads such power over land at that time. It's a shame they didn't have a time limit.
Hmm? The federal government can pass a law if they want to take railway land. It is really important that to over power private but public use utilities that compensation actually makes the utility whole in both dollars and use.

Any update when the city plans to start construction on West eau Claire park by the peace bridge? I just recently discovered the plan and it looks great. Will really help to put the finishing touches on the bridge, especially the south side where it's nothing but a giant dead grass field.
I had thought that it was supposed to be this spring, but nothing has been happening. As much as I don't like the empty unfinished space, I hope they don't start right in the middle of summer when it's really busy.

I had thought that it was supposed to be this spring, but nothing has been happening. As much as I don't like the empty unfinished space, I hope they don't start right in the middle of summer when it's really busy.
Knowing the city, they will start it in September, rush through until it snows, then redo 90% of it next spring.

lol. Sounds about right. I'll be happy when that park is done as well as Concord...or at least the first phase. Same for Parkside. Having all the construction done along the path will be sweet.

Back