News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I like the pre-rusted corten steel. It's also a great functional choice. Pre-rusted corten actually better resists further structural impacting atmospheric corrosion compared to other steels. It's also super easy to remove graffiti from.

Found this pic on Twitter showing some of the progress of upgrades along 17th ave SE. I think somebody has dropped the ball on this one. They've put the lamposts right in the middle of the sidewalk.

DIQrkT8UwAA9DKW.jpg

from Twitter @everydaytourist

Attachments

• DIQrkT8UwAA9DKW.jpg
    DIQrkT8UwAA9DKW.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 349
Found this pic on Twitter showing some of the progress of upgrades along 17th ave SE. I think somebody has dropped the ball on this one. They've put the lamposts right in the middle of the sidewalk.

Yeah...it looks like shit. Doesn't the city inspect this before it goes in?

What's with these cheap looking "rusty" bridges that are consistently being built. There is a pedestrian bridge in inglewood and a few overpass bridges with this rusty iron look. I wish the zoo bridge was a small scale suspension bridge or something cool.

I agree, but with minor stuff like that, I wouldn't worry. I'm really hoping for a signature bridge of some type for the eventual reconstruction of the Crowchild Bow Crossing and Bow Trail/12 Ave interchanges.

Yeah...it looks like shit. Doesn't the city inspect this before it goes in?

The city is busy. It's not their problem now. The contractor will pay for all the deficiencies that the city finds in their walk through.

For the contractor, you're dealing will different sub contractors. To fix it now would likely screw up the scheduling.

The city is busy. It's not their problem now. The contractor will pay for all the deficiencies that the city finds in their walk through.

For the contractor, you're dealing will different sub contractors. To fix it now would likely screw up the scheduling.

Thanks for the info.

I still can't believe someone installed it like that. Didn't they have the common sense to ask the engineer "What's up with this?"

Thanks for the info.

I still can't believe someone installed it like that. Didn't they have the common sense to ask the engineer "What's up with this?"
It is possible those are the old light standards, and the reason the pads were not poured was moving where they are.

Still, the narrow sidewalks suck.

Is it just me, or do the sidewalks look as narrow as ever. Wasn't one of the major goals here to narrow the extra-wide car lanes in order to widen the sidewalks?

No, the only goal was to make everything look nicer and replace utilities.

It is possible those are the old light standards, and the reason the pads were not poured was moving where they are.

Still, the narrow sidewalks suck.

The concrete base looks brand new. The light standards are a bad choice. There's nothing "old towne" about Calgary.

Back