News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Word on the street is that this is being demolished.
Isn't this where Mission Towers is going. I remember last year they said this project isn't dead yet.
I keep checking for a DP or LOC for this project.

Last edited:
Isn't this where Mission Towers is going. I remember last year they said this project isn't dead yet.

yea u are right! even in the rendering you can see the buildings across match.

Except this parcel:
771 1 Ave SW

Was this supposed to be condos at one point and got capped and turned into a parade?
Nope. was changed in 2001. Believe before it allowed up to 13 stories. I think the applicant transferred the density of "Site 2" to "Site 1" which allowed LeCaille Parke Place to be built.

1675799492291.png

I remember Moda (or someone) saying something about it not being dead yet. Originally Moda lost out on the bid to a more conservative design. It would be nice to see that developed one way or another.

I remember Moda (or someone) saying something about it not being dead yet. Originally Moda lost out on the bid to a more conservative design. It would be nice to see that developed one way or another.
In that link, the phase 1 rendering says the office tower is going to be renovated. I wonder if that's still the plan?

In that link, the phase 1 rendering says the office tower is going to be renovated. I wonder if that's still the plan?
I thought I had heard sometime ago that they nixed the reno idea due to issues with the building or something. I'd like to be wrong, and that we aren't going to see it demolished and let to sit as a parking lot.

That MODA design is awesome, but even the more conservative design is good and would be a vast improvement.

The 17 Ave and 4 St intersection is basically where dead zones begin on both streets. 17 Ave falls off east of the intersection (with the exception of a few notable places like Pigeonhole/Model Milk), and 4 St south of 17 Ave has a lot more happening than 4 St north (save a few spots).

Redevelopment of this site could help fill some void in both the north (along with the Reds project) and east directions.

Hopefully this doesn’t sit too long!

I think this is a more recent iteration of the design:

https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/calgary-1520-m-38s-grosvenor-mckinley-burkart.24234

Last I heard was Grosvenor had the site up for sale, but don't think that ever happened. Maybe they decided not to exit the Calgary market after all.

The last river front parcel west of EV. Exciting!
There’s still that parking lot just east of the Louise Bridge, fronting right on to West Eau Claire Park and the riverfront, standing wave, and all that.

Back