News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I really like the renovations that SEC is proposing. Having a roof top restaurant will only help make downtown more vibrant and activate that part of downtown.

As for my nemesis Eau Claire….what can I say. Are they even adding a splash park or has that been removed?
Splash park is no more, it was replaced with some other type of playground for "all ages". I really wish that they would at least open up the path from the Sheraton to the Jaipur bridge, but that's a no for cited safety concerns. I have a hard time believing that they aren't able to open up the path with construction fencing on either side the way that they had when the construction first began. Rather than figure out a logistical challenge it's easier to just close it to pedestrians for multiple years.

This is how long this has taken... this is on their project design page still, building a street that integrates with a non-existent market.

Market Street - Connection to the past
The Market Street is a multi-purpose "street" that is designed as a flexible space to integrate the plaza with Eau Claire Market.
Eau Claire Redesign

I don't understand the random posts sticking out along the edges. Are the ones closest to the market supposed to get a metal awning attached to them like in the last few photos? That's the only thing that would make any sense.

This makes me really nervous about Olympic Plaza and Stephen Ave projects, with how long and poorly planned out the Eau Claire plaza project has been under the current council. Just think about how worse it'll get if a conservative council gets in next election, and they start value engineering those projects.

Doesn't cost any money to close a bike path
This makes me really nervous about Olympic Plaza and Stephen Ave projects, with how long and poorly planned out the Eau Claire plaza project has been under the current council. Just think about how worse it'll get if a conservative council gets in next election, and they start value engineering those projects.
Wasn't the delay a delay in funding?

Splash park is no more, it was replaced with some other type of playground for "all ages". I really wish that they would at least open up the path from the Sheraton to the Jaipur bridge, but that's a no for cited safety concerns. I have a hard time believing that they aren't able to open up the path with construction fencing on either side the way that they had when the construction first began. Rather than figure out a logistical challenge it's easier to just close it to pedestrians for multiple years.
And wait until the 2nd street connection to the pathway gets closed for demolition of the townhouses and green line construction. It’s going to be even more annoying.

It will get better.

Back