News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

1686662801880.png

View attachment 484937

Thanks for this. Ukraine's kitchen isn't too far from my neck of the woods, think I'll drop by there and see what it's all about

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme opening in ever square development on calgary trail
Major Development Permit
In Progress
To construct a Restaurant with Drive Through Food Service (Krispy Kreme), reference DP #432523949-002 to replace the building D2 and D3.
4710 - GATEWAY BOULEVARD NW
No date

One thing that I've noticed with the Edmonton food scene over the last 5-10 years is that the selection, variety and diversity has been elevated and improved, but the quality, haute cuisine and attention to detail has significantly fallen by the wayside.

So we have a lot more options than we used to, but they kinda suck, is what you're saying?

Not really, no, but that Edmonton was on quite a roll and with some national attention even, but has fallen off since a few years pre-COVID.

Here's hoping to see a return to that momentum and recognition.

I hope that place receives a top to bottom as it was looking pretty bad last time I saw it.

Not really, no, but that Edmonton was on quite a roll and with some national attention even, but has fallen off since a few years pre-COVID.

Here's hoping to see a return to that momentum and recognition.
This is pretty accurate. Edmonton has a bunch of good places and a couple of really good places.

As for getting back that momentum and recognition....sadly, I think that time is gone and won't be backfor a few more years.

Edmonton is currently bleeding talented restaurant people to other cities for a multitude of reasons. We have been for a while, but it is really bad right now. The biggest problem Edmonton faces in the short term is that those who are left, very, very few of them, are of quality.

Had dinner at Bianco last night. The restaurant was jam-packed but still an excellent addition to the awesome Rice Howard Way vibe! Apart from a mix-up with the wine menu, the food and the service was flawless.

This is pretty accurate. Edmonton has a bunch of good places and a couple of really good places.

As for getting back that momentum and recognition....sadly, I think that time is gone and won't be backfor a few more years.

Edmonton is currently bleeding talented restaurant people to other cities for a multitude of reasons. We have been for a while, but it is really bad right now. The biggest problem Edmonton faces in the short term is that those who are left, very, very few of them, are of quality.
What would the reasons be that make talented restaurant people leave Edmonton?

Back