News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

They seem to be doing renos to some of the buildings (thank god). One of them seemed to have new balconies and new windows when I was driving west on the 417.
Yeah, the one closest to the O-Train and Rideau River. Let's just hope the reno for this one doesn't result in yet another greyscale tower.

Built Heritage Committee discussed 267 O'Connor. Here's the rendering that was presented:

1715786412051.png

Is Taggart actually building anything they propose though? I thought they are just throwing up a bunch of proposals with no intent to build in any sort of reasonable timeline. I vaguely remember the Central Farm Shadower Deluxe being 10+ years away.

That design looks pretty cool and unique. But agreed, how many 27 story tower proposals have we seen in the past couple of years for this general area (O'Connor, Kent, Gilmour) and yet no progress... Would love to see new height, designs, and residential projects go up in Centretown.

Is Taggart actually building anything they propose though? I thought they are just throwing up a bunch of proposals with no intent to build in any sort of reasonable timeline. I vaguely remember the Central Farm Shadower Deluxe being 10+ years away.
I was wondering too for a sec. I believe Taggart and Tamarak are the same company (or sister companies). Projects of significance are Tamarak Wellington (the old Grace Hosptial where Stella Luna was), Central on Bank (with Urban Capital) and the Kinaxis office building in Kanata. Overall though, their current proposed and approved projects are well above what they seem to be capable of producing.

I was wondering too for a sec. I believe Taggart and Tamarak are the same company (or sister companies). Projects of significance are Tamarak Wellington (the old Grace Hosptial where Stella Luna was), Central on Bank (with Urban Capital) and the Kinaxis office building in Kanata. Overall though, their current proposed and approved projects are well above what they seem to be capable of producing.

You should be looking at Taggart Realty's website for their development arm of companies. https://www.taggart.ca/

Taggart Construction, Doran Construction, Tamarack Homes, Taggart Realty, and Tartan are all part of the Taggart Group of Companies. I don't think we should underestimate what they can do, they have a lot of capital and land.

You should be looking at Taggart Realty's website for their development arm of companies. https://www.taggart.ca/

Taggart Construction, Doran Construction, Tamarack Homes, Taggart Realty, and Tartan are all part of the Taggart Group of Companies. I don't think we should underestimate what they can do, they have a lot of capital and land.
Thanks. Their subsidaries are pretty expansive. I assume all of their proposed and approved projects will be subdivided between them?

Thanks. Their subsidaries are pretty expansive. I assume all of their proposed and approved projects will be subdivided between them?
I think it depends on the project.

Tamarack and Tartan are more suburban, tract housing builders. I'm sure the two construction arms are more specialized in certain types of projects as well.

I knew of all of those except Doran, which why I didn't think they really had the ability to do any large multi-residential since I had only seen things like the Tamarack Flora etc.

I had assumed they had made the fatal Campeau mistake and had their capital all tied up in land.

Something coming in the next year(s).
I posted this on the commercial real estate thread earlier today. I'll make a dedicated carlingwood redevelopment thread later. I'm really excited to see two more out of town developers join the party in Ottawa!!!

Back