News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

that's a total station - a measurement laser, not a camera. Not sure what they would be using it for though.
Considering the construction that has occurred at the station over the past several years, and the construction that has started in the area for the Hurontario LRT - setting up or measuring references for subsidence, or any new structures to accompany the LRT?

Dan

IMG_0133.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0136.jpeg

Yessir. Caught VIA1 coming through at full tilt. As far as I know it's the only in-city platform where you can do that. I'd post the video if we could upload those...

If you u/l the video to any site that does allow that (Facebook, Youtube w/e) you can then link the video from that site to here.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before, but does anybody know why the second station on the Bowmanville Extension is going to be constructed essentially a block of from the planned higher tier transit on Simcoe Street on Oshawa?
1704492396108.png

I have been unable to find any detailed plans for the Ritson Road Station that might indicate a connection, but this local article says the station will actually be mid block, on the Knob Hill Farm site, but even the westernmost edge of this property is still about 270 meters from the Simcoe Street corridor.
If anybody has more info on this it would be greatly appreciated.
1704492934291.png

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before, but does anybody know why the second station on the Bowmanville Extension is going to be constructed essentially a block of from the planned higher tier transit on Simcoe Street on Oshawa?

Land available is the reason. They are going to make it work via transit running into the station via Albany St from Simcoe Road, and GO Transit buses via First Ave. The on ramp to the 401 is proposed to start at Simcoe and First. Presumably buses terminating at Oshawa GO would now terminate at Ritson Road GO (hopefully a better name surfaces) to make it the hub for Oshawa.

have been unable to find any detailed plans for the Ritson Road Station that might indicate a connection, but this local article says the station will actually be mid block, on the Knob Hill Farm site, but even the westernmost edge of this property is still about 270 meters from the Simcoe Street corridor.
The Knob Hill Farm site is only about 230 metres wide, along the track, while a 12-car train is over 310 metres long. So could easily be shorter.

On the other hand, the rendering in the October 2023 EA update don't even show a pedestrian path - though you could always walk through the parking lot dodging cars, I suppose.

1704499744237.png

The Knob Hill Farm site is only about 230 metres wide, along the track, while a 12-car train is over 310 metres long. So could easily be shorter.
12 car GO trains only have a few years left… OnXpress has made it clear that trains will be shorter in the future, which would presumably impact station design.

12 car GO trains only have a few years left… OnXpress has made it clear that trains will be shorter in the future, which would presumably impact station design.

I'm not so sure that there will be no 12 car trains.... just fewer of them. I suspect the 12-car station footprint will remain as the design standard.

- Paul

View attachment 531670

I have been unable to find any detailed plans for the Ritson Road Station that might indicate a connection, but this local article says the station will actually be mid block, on the Knob Hill Farm site, but even the westernmost edge of this property is still about 270 meters from the Simcoe Street corridor.
View attachment 531676
That's the plan - get a station close to downtown Oshawa. And we keep Metrolinx loves parking so the Knob Hills site is a great location with plenty of space that will hopefully be built up in the coming years.

Back