News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Main St. East grade separation next to Milton GO station;

Burlington GO station improvments;

Burlington GO station is becoming quite the hub. Especially when all those condos right next to the station get built.

I believe that grade seperation is a CP project, GO doesn't operate on those tracks.

Yup it's not a GO project, though it would be more accurate to call it a city of Milton project than a CP one. As its funded primarily by the city with some additional funding coming from the federal government. CP couldn't care less about grade separating that road.

Yup it's not a GO project, though it would be more accurate to call it a city of Milton project than a CP one. As its funded primarily by the city with some additional funding coming from the federal government. CP couldn't care less about grade separating that road.

Hope they protected for GO service to Cambridge!

Looking at Burlington Station today after 2 months due to meetings been cancel, haven't miss much.

I would be surprise to see this new station and hub open before Sept considering its over a year late and miss the last update for April.

They are starting to get ready to install the roof with most of it enclose now. The bus area will only take a few weeks to complete.

Not all the buses currently using the north side will move over to the south side when part of it opens as they need to remove the old station section that still remaining, as well expand the hub area to the east and new sidewalks to the new stations

A total miss opportune has been miss by not having a platform built next to it as well access from the station.

Hmm maybe I'm wrong. Its just that the other day I was looking at this document detailing required transportation capital expansions for Vaughan that assume a $4.5 million cost for a grade separation.

Now the election are over with Lib's in power, time to do some house cleaning at Metrolinx/GO Transit starting with the CEO and those who run these project.

Was in Burlington and reading the update notice and couldn't believe what I was reading as well seeing. The new Burlington station and bus terminal will not be ready until spring of 2015 due to the harsh winter we had.

Who every did this notice, who authorize it, who is running this project, should be shown the door, as this is a station, not an office tower. If it opens in the spring of 2015, that will be 2.5 years since work started on it, yet a mile away, a 14s apartment building that started a year after the station or so, will be completed this fall.

The roof is still not on this station, considering it should have been months ago and saw very few workers on site.

Even the West Toronto Diamond that had issues with the weather 100% went into service 2 months late, otherwise would been on schedule. Totally a joke and this is no small contractor doing the work.

Clarkson is still far from completion and carrying the standard 1+ year behind schedule torch. Other than the Georgetown-Kitchener Corridor expansion, I can't think of a GO/Metrolinx project that has come in on time or sooner. Everyone has been at least 6-18 months late.

Lets hope Wynne appoint someone for MTO who will force Metrolinx to clean up its act and start bring projects in on time and budget, otherwise she gone in 2018. I was told by someone of a comment made by the CEO and its either the standard BS he says in dealing with hot potatoes items or it really shows how little he knows about his system. I expect both and time he grows a backbone and move on.

Last edited:
No one is going to fault them for not being able to completely electrify the entire system in a decade - the important thing is getting started and keep working at it. Promising this much and trying to deliver it isn't my idea of chicken - not promising it because it is easier to do nothing is.

AoD

Back