News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Good. Now rename Bloor GO station Dundas West GO/TTC station and make them one station. There is no point in them being named differently, and it adds to confusion since there is a Bloor TTC station (Bloor/Yonge)

Agreed--and there will be a GO station at Bloor on the Barrie line (Lansdowne), and Kipling station on the Milton Line is practically at Bloor/interfaces with the Bloor-Danforth line.

Now we need to build better connections at Leslie TTC/Oriole GO and Main Street TTC/Danforth GO

While I don't disagree about Leslie/Oriole...

How do you propose improving the connection between Main and Danforth GO, without spending untold millions of dollars?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

While I don't disagree about Leslie/Oriole...

How do you propose improving the connection between Main and Danforth GO, without spending untold millions of dollars?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
They keep repeating "we will build the tunnel", but gone no where, other than talk. Talk talk and talk.

Good. Now rename Bloor GO station Dundas West GO/TTC station and make them one station. There is no point in them being named differently, and it adds to confusion since there is a Bloor TTC station (Bloor/Yonge)

Agreed. That said, separately named but heavily connected stations aren't unheard of. Moscow is the most egregious of these systems where 95% of tunnelled paid-area pedestrian connections change names going from one metro line to another.

Last edited:
Agreed--and there will be a GO station at Bloor on the Barrie line (Lansdowne), and Kipling station on the Milton Line is practically at Bloor/interfaces with the Bloor-Danforth line.

But Kipling is also at Dundas St (Plus Dixie and Cooksville in Mississauga). So it does not make sense for GO to rename it.

The same issue arose on the TTC at Bloor and Yonge. Hence Bloor/Yonge vs just Bloor for both lines.

It makes sense to rename Dundas West and Bloor GO but not to a street that has 3 stops on the same line. They really should rename it Dundas West/Bloor for both GO and TTC.

I don't suppose it's too late for "West Toronto Junction" to become the subway and GO/UPE station name?????

PS - "Six Points" is a good name also.

- Paul

I don't suppose it's too late for "West Toronto Junction" to become the subway and GO/UPE station name?????
PS - "Six Points" is a good name also.
- Paul
This could fray some neighbourhood nerves though as this is more in the Junction Triangle than The Junction proper. Moreover, if the DRL ever went north of Bloor, there would conceivably be a Junction stop there in the the distant future. I think I'd stick with "Junction Triangle" or perhaps something new like "Western Crossing" to suggest a terminus of sorts.

Last edited:
The could fray some neighbourhood nerves though as this is more than Junction Triangle than The Junction proper. Moreover, if the DRL ever went north of Bloor, there would conceivably be a Junction stop there in the the distant future. I think I'd stick with "Junction Triangle" or perhaps something new like "Western Crossing" to suggest a terminus of sorts.

Junction Triangle sounds good to me.

I actually would like it if the pedestrian tunnel were continued to the Barrie Line GO station that will be added as well. Create a large inter-modal connection in the Junction.

I suppose Barrie GO stop could be tunneled to Landsdowne station, which is closer, and then you could transfer on the subway one station west, but then you would have to back-track on the pedestrian tunnel if you wanted to get to the Kitchener Line/UPX, and going one station stop on the subway can be more of a pain than just walking through a pedestrian tunnel.

Sometimes its just easier to huff it on foot!

Maybe just make one super long pedestrian tunnel linking Dundas West, Bloor GO, new GO station on Barrie Line, and Landsdowne station.

I actually would like it if the pedestrian tunnel were continued to the Barrie Line GO station that will be added as well. Create a large inter-modal connection in the Junction.

I suppose Barrie GO stop could be tunneled to Landsdowne station, which is closer, and then you could transfer on the subway one station west, but then you would have to back-track on the pedestrian tunnel if you wanted to get to the Kitchener Line/UPX, and going one station stop on the subway can be more of a pain than just walking through a pedestrian tunnel.

Sometimes its just easier to huff it on foot!

Maybe just make one super long pedestrian tunnel linking Dundas West, Bloor GO, new GO station on Barrie Line, and Landsdowne station.

Hmmm... The 2 subway stations are farther apart than you think. If one wanted to walk, you could just as easily do it on Bloor itself. And once people get used to the idea, the east end of the Dundas West subway platforms are actually pretty close to the Go/UPX station. So the new entrance could easily connect you to the subway from Bloor via the entrance under the rail corridor without going anywhere near Dundas St itself.
The connection from Barrie Line to Landsdowne alone is cumbersome enough to be on par with Main St. subway and Danforth Go.

Hmmm... The 2 subway stations are farther apart than you think. If one wanted to walk, you could just as easily do it on Bloor itself. And once people get used to the idea, the east end of the Dundas West subway platforms are actually pretty close to the Go/UPX station. So the new entrance could easily connect you to the subway from Bloor via the entrance under the rail corridor without going anywhere near Dundas St itself.
The connection from Barrie Line to Landsdowne alone is cumbersome enough to be on par with Main St. subway and Danforth Go.

Perhaps if we terminate the DRL West at a new underground station inbetween the new Barrie line GO station and Bloor GO station. Make it part of one project and create a mega-station with inter modal access to everything.

BjncR4p.png

Back