News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

wouldve been more worthwhile to just have a zoomed in screenshot..... :rolleyes:
1654038477082.png

Well here is the best I can do, mind you North Bay is not exactly the location to think of when thinking of people who care for GO's rail rolling stock, so there are not many images to come by...

From what I can see, the one on the left seems to be just recently painted, judging by the wrap still covering the lights and numberboards. The one in the middle seems to be the one that was there since April of 2022. The one on the right I am presuming to be either 206 or 212, considering it is in the most finished state.

View attachment 404005
Well here is the best I can do, mind you North Bay is not exactly the location to think of when thinking of people who care for GO's rail rolling stock, so there are not many images to come by...

From what I can see, the one on the left seems to be just recently painted, judging by the wrap still covering the lights and numberboards. The one in the middle seems to be the one that was there since April of 2022. The one on the right I am presuming to be either 206 or 212, considering it is in the most finished state.
Can’t wait to see these beauties on the rails in the GTHA.

1654138414231.png

Judging by this closer shot of them, I think the one on the right has it's horn and bell attached, so I'd say that one may be the first to get shipped back to Toronto and put into service once it is finished.

This was found in

So something I noticed recently.

Some of the older cab cars, in the 215-241 range, have had their bells removed from the brackets over the past few months. I have noticed 218, 229, 230, and 234 like that.

Some of the older cab cars, in the 215-241 range, have had their bells removed from the brackets over the past few months. I have noticed 218, 229, 230, and 234 like that.
I have noticed the same thing too, possibly those cabs may not come back to service.

I have noticed the same thing too, possibly those cabs may not come back to service.
I don’t know, the fact that only the bells were removed and not the bells themselves, as well as the fact that the horns were still in place, makes me think that something else may be at play.

Mechanical Bells would likely be swapped for Ebells. Less moving parts.

Mechanical Bells would likely be swapped for Ebells. Less moving parts.
All the pre-2004 built old cab cars had their old M Bells swapped out for E Bells between 2002-2005. What I am referring to is the fact that those E Bells that were once there have now been removed, and now it’s just the empty bracket.

GO Transit could be selling the bells, or scraping them.

They wouldn't be scraping them, they just paint over whatever paint is already on there. The term you are looking for is "scrapping".

And no, they are not selling them. Bells need maintenance too. They've pulled those off to add to the general pool of spares.

Dan

Reactions: AHK
They wouldn't be scraping them, they just paint over whatever paint is already on there. The term you are looking for is "scrapping".

And no, they are not selling them. Bells need maintenance too. They've pulled those off to add to the general pool of spares.

Dan
Good point

Back