News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Long term having a station between PC and Long Branch could make sense with the high frequencies available on the line, just tough to see a good place to build it right now.
The only viable place I'm seeing is 1095 Strathy Ave, a commercial building south of the tracks adjacent to (the disused portion of ) the hydro corridor to Lakeview Village. It would make a good walkable / cyclable connection!

I actually like Jack Landau in my opinion, every time I’ve had a BlogTO article written on something I did he’s always asked for permission and more in-depth detail on anything I’ve made.

I don't dislike Jack............I do wish he would be more courteous in acknowledging when others break news before him, and when he utilizes their insights to inform his writing.

I'm glad you feel like he's treated you well.

The one that was posted today was written by Becky Robertson, who always writes the typical BlogTO garb

Jack is an Editor at BlogTO, not just a writer, he is responsible for more than his own content.

1723146219016.png

Bro, calm down. Seriously.

@reaperexpress is likely quite calm, if marginally exasperated.

Show me where MX stated this.

Where have they not stated this?

The original base service model for GO Expansion/RER has long been public and widely discussed including here on this forum.

The base model is service every 15M all-day on the Lakeshore corridor, with supplementary express service, and overlapping Niagara service west of Union.

Additionally, discussed here also is that the new service agreement taking affect in January actually envisions meaningfully higher levels of service.

Let me direct you to this post:

It shows the modelling done for Union Station with service levels indicated.

The intention is for quite frequent service on the core of the network.

There are most posts on this point after, so don't just stop with the linked post, scroll forward a bit.

Bro, calm down. Seriously.

Show me where MX stated this.
I'm simply frustrated about how you actively ignore all of the evidence and arguments that contradict your claims, and immediately proceed just repeat them unchanged. If you deny the existance of GO's expansion plans why didn't you say so? How am I supposed to know why you keep repeating your claims after they have been disproven? This is a discussion forum, so we're trying to have a discussion. If you ignore everything that contradicts your argument and proceed to repeat the argument unchanged, that's not a discussion. That's just shouting into the void.

I didn't think that the plans for all-day express service on LSW needed to be cited because it's been consistently stated in every RER or GO Expansion plan ever. Surely anyone making claims about GO Expansion on a publicly-visible transportation discussion forum has done enough research on it to know at least vaguely what it entails.

Here is the current business case, which took me literally ten seconds to find - far less time than took you to write all those posts.
https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/upload/v1667497052/Images/Metrolinx/GO_Expansion_FBC.pdf
Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 17.20.34.png

Last edited:
My only comment on the above is that it will be fascinating when the final service plan is publicly released, one day, by ONExpress/Metrolinx for OnCorr. I know it will be reviewed and dissected in detail here (or the GO Electrification thread).

I don't dislike Jack............I do wish he would be more courteous in acknowledging when others break news before him, and when he utilizes their insights to inform his writing.

I'm glad you feel like he's treated you well.

Jack is an Editor at BlogTO, not just a writer, he is responsible for more than his own content.

View attachment 586892
Ah I see, I didn’t know about that part, thanks for the info!

I'm simply frustrated about how you actively ignore all of the evidence and arguments that contradict your claims, and immediately proceed just repeat them unchanged. If you deny the existance of GO's expansion plans why didn't you say so? How am I supposed to know why you keep repeating your claims after they have been disproven? This is a discussion forum, so we're trying to have a discussion. If you ignore everything that contradicts your argument and proceed to repeat the argument unchanged, that's not a discussion. That's just shouting into the void.

I didn't think that the plans for all-day express service on LSW needed to be cited because it's been consistently stated in every RER or GO Expansion plan ever. Surely anyone making claims about GO Expansion on a publicly-visible transportation discussion forum has done enough research on it to know at least vaguely what it entails.

Here is the current business case, which took me literally ten seconds to find - far less time than took you to write all those posts.
https://assets.metrolinx.com/image/upload/v1667497052/Images/Metrolinx/GO_Expansion_FBC.pdf
View attachment 586923
Okay, my mistake. I was not aware that part of GO expansion meant running express trains form Clarkson every hour during off peak. Will this include express trains running to Clarkson during off peak hours? Wouldn't the LSW line have to be quad tracked in order to accommodate express trains running in opposite directions?

The fact that quite a few trains will be running past Mimico, Lakeview, etc. essentially goes back to my earlier suggestion of implementing European style "skip stops". Stations that not every train will stop at. Some people on this forum didn't like that suggestion.

Last edited:

Back