News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

GO to Allandale, then it's just a "little bit" of a walk 😁

Definitely get your exercise in.......

I just took a very crude measurement out of curiosity.

At average walking speed........about a 5.5 hour walk:

1723475710932.png

Google maps says 4.5hrs walk to the fairgrounds entrance - easy peasy compared to your estimate!

Alternately you could take the LINX bus to the "Lake Simcoe Regional Airport" and walk from there.. cuts your walk to a mere 35 minutes. But you would have to take a local Barrie Transit bus to Georgian College first then transfer, so a bit of a haul on the bus still.

Google Maps has it at around 4hrs one-way from Union:

I heard one last week for the Boots and Hearts country music festival. I thought to myself, isn’t that in Oro-Medonte? How is anyone supposed to take GO there?
https://bootsandhearts.com/getting-here/
... plan your ride to or from Allandale Waterfront GO Station...
Reminder that daily shuttles from Allandale Waterfront GO Station are available to and from the festival.
I've never been there, but I think there was something similar a few years ago for a Rolling Stones show there.

Honestly the Simpli financial ads don’t bother me as much, they’ve been doing ads like that for years.

What does bother me is the OLG ad that is played over the PA system encouraging people to buy lottery tickets for a trip to the 2026 Olympic Games, and a free GO train ride, gambling should NEVER be played audibly over the PA system.

Back