News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I will give GO the video I got in 2003 from Sportware showing how to use the rack and why the need for it, as I have 3 copys of it.

I would think both tired should have locks on them, not just the one end. I don't know if I'd trust those locks on an expensive bike. I'd be paranoid the whole trip.

I would think both tired should have locks on them, not just the one end. I don't know if I'd trust those locks on an expensive bike. I'd be paranoid the whole trip.

Not sure how an expensive bike I any more likely to fall out than a beater :p

But seriously, I've never had a problem and my bike barely reaches the minimum safe wheel size on a rack which, in my opinion, has a less effective locking mechanism.

For anyone worried about the GO bike racks, let it be known that I am currently on the gardiner with the bike on the front of the bus. Full report when I get back to Brampton.

For anyone worried about the GO bike racks, let it be known that I am currently on the gardiner with the bike on the front of the bus. Full report when I get back to Brampton.

Uh-oh...I don't think he made it back to Brampton. :D

Uh-oh...I don't think he made it back to Brampton. :D

:p

Let it be known that my bicycle was in the exact same condition it was when I departed. The locking mechanism is spring loaded so that high speed bumps will not unlatch it. The racks can accommodate tires as small as 16 inches in diameter, but you may have to remove fenders on smaller wheels to make sure the clip touches the top of the tire. I would not recommend anything less than 20 inch wheels.

Gotokitchenerwaterloo

Press Release:

Governments of Canada and Ontario Announce
GO Bus Service to Waterloo Region

NEWS May 08, 2009

GO Transit bus service is coming to Kitchener-Waterloo. GO commuters will benefit from a $2.5 million investment in four park and ride lots along the Highway 401 corridor. The first GO Transit park and ride facility will be constructed at the Highway 25 and Highway 401 interchange. This will be the first of four park and ride lots planned for GO Bus service to Waterloo Region. Construction is scheduled to begin in 2009.

GO Transit is currently developing an implementation plan for extending GO Bus services to Waterloo Region. The details of this service and the location of the remaining three new park and ride facilities are currently being reviewed.

QUOTES

“These investments in public transit will give people more time with their families while also creating jobs and making a real difference to the communities GO servers,†said Canada’s Minister of Transport and Infrastructure, John Baird. “We’re getting people moving, and the economy going.â€

“Ontario is investing in public transit to combat congestion and climate change and to make transit more convenient so more people leave their cars at home,†said Transportation Minister Jim Bradley. “Supporting public transit creates jobs that help boost the economy.â€

“We’re working together to enhance public transit service for the residents of Waterloo Region,†said MP Peter Braid. “These significant new developments will improve efficiency and help more people access the GO Transit system. We will all benefit from less traffic, shorter commute times, and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.â€

“This is very exciting news for commuters,†said MPP for Kitchener Centre John Milloy. “GO service will make commuting more convenient and reduce congestion, thereby improving quality of life for families in the area.â€

QUICK FACTS

• This is an excellent example of the federal and provincial governments working together to create jobs and to improve services for families, while improving Ontario’s competitiveness over the long run.

• This project is one of several GO Transit service improvements across the Greater Toronto Area announced today as part of $250 million in joint federal and provincial funding for GO service improvements. It is also part of the larger $500 million GO Transit revitalization project announced Tuesday, February 17, 2009.

LEARN MORE

Get more information about GO Transit.

Learn how the Government of Canada is investing in Ontario infrastructure.

Learn about the The Big Move: Transforming Transportation in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).

They're still getting the train though aren't they? I assume this is supplementary service to that, for when the trains aren't running?

The Georgetown extension is at least 2 years away, if not more. This is, as I understand it, a "ridership building" project. After all, none of the buses from Guelph via the 401 go to Union Station - they go to York U and Mississauga.

If you could actually get anywhere in KW outside of the central spine by transit, I'd normally agree with you doady, but until GRT gets that University of Waterloo redesign it was promised, I don't see anything else being viable.

Yet more GO service centred around parking lots... nice.

Hespeler Terminal and Fairview Park Mall Terminal are pretty much right along the route. The buses will probably stop there.

Back