News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

GO trains at Wilson yard?
The Don Yard is elevated at the rail corridors elevation, and there is also a small yard immediately south of it at a lower elevation that was historically a freight yard that Metrolinx is converting and significantly expanding. That yard is called Wilson Yard for some reason, even though it's really just an extension of the Don Yard.

The Don Yard is elevated at the rail corridors elevation, and there is also a small yard immediately south of it at a lower elevation that was historically a freight yard that Metrolinx is converting and significantly expanding. That yard is called Wilson Yard for some reason, even though it's really just an extension of the Don Yard.

Historically, Don Yard was owned and operated by CN. Wilson Yard was a Toronto Harbour Commission facility. GO owns both of them now, and once all of the work is completed they will be considered to be one facility.

Dan

Historically, Don Yard was owned and operated by CN. Wilson Yard was a Toronto Harbour Commission facility. GO owns both of them now, and once all of the work is completed they will be considered to be one facility.

Dan
thanks, that makes a lot more sense now lol

Looks like they need room for the supports for the electrical conduits over Yonge Street and a walkway too.

Does anyone know what all the electrical prep work is for? Back up power, an alternate source/switch gear for Union or future train electrification, or maybe track switching control?
View attachment 211718View attachment 211720View attachment 211717View attachment 211722View attachment 211721

Any chance of getting some photos of this area today? Heard about some work going on.

Any chance of getting some photos of this area today? Heard about some work going on.
Presumably this work, noted above:
generator.jpg

From today,
Top left - black container is new in the last month? Pads in the middle were poured months ago. North and south side of the tracks.
South side conduit in progress over the last few months.
6E86B8E9-25FD-405A-A111-7FA743DC7AA2.jpeg

New conduit on the retaining wall
098BFBBB-03EF-4194-94F7-C077EBBEE91D.jpeg

Below two pads west of Jarvis, north and south of the tracks. North poured months ago, south wall built up and poured recently. Picture from last week
2BD47895-47DB-4BE3-A29B-2FC2D477D1FE.png

Will the rail corridor ever be cleaned up to look nicer? I live in a condo that looks down on the rail corridor and it looks like a hodgepodge of gravel, pavement, dirt etc

Will the rail corridor ever be cleaned up to look nicer? I live in a condo that looks down on the rail corridor and it looks like a hodgepodge of gravel, pavement, dirt etc
Have you EVER seen a rail corridor that looks neat and tidy? All over the world they are work-sites and thus look like work-sites. Metrolinx does collect litter at least twice a year, which is more than many do.

Have you EVER seen a rail corridor that looks neat and tidy? All over the world they are work-sites and thus look like work-sites. Metrolinx does collect litter at least twice a year, which is more than many do.
Maybe we could set a new standard. Think of all the residents and office workers that look down upon this mess. How much would it take to rip up any old asphalt and concrete and lay down a nice new lift of granular to make it look a little nicer. Sort of like how we used to cut the grass in the highway medians, but don’t get me started.

Scott St building.
Looks like the black container houses a generator. Interesting that they were working on a Thursday midday and not a late night or weekend when most of the track work seems to occurs. I’m not sure what happened to the intake louvre section(?) sitting on the tracks. Wrong parts? no time to lift?
Jan 2
38BC7E99-E3D5-4D64-9521-BF58AD3C3E7D.jpeg

Jan 5
567BC9FB-01D9-43E3-B726-B5586AE28806.jpeg
B94A3B50-CE43-47D1-AB38-EC63F4711558.jpeg
5155E755-F389-46B0-A2EB-88C18A363B82.jpeg

There was some discussion during the Q and A of Union's platforms and tracks at this week's town hall in Burlington. I don't have time at the moment to provide a time marked link so I can update this post later. If anyone else wants to please go ahead.

Back