News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

MaRS Centre

mars.jpg

in sketchup help for the array tool, it says you can enter a divisor factor... but i can't find where. Can you help?

HI wylie
I have a question(any help would be appreciated)is there a reason y i cant find my mcc city hall on google search. it was there in the past but recently searched for it and it did not show up on the search list

re: array tool

There isn't a button for an array tool (as you may or may not know). Array is part of the copy function, so when you want to make an array, you start by copying (select object, then select move tool, and then hit Ctrl).

Array can be done two ways after you place your copied object. When you have placed your object and want to array the object in the area between your copy and the original, you type /x with "x" being the number of copies you want to see between the two (say if you want to make an array of 5 objects between the copy and the original, you type /5).

On the other hand, if you want to array beyond the area beyond the copy and the original, type *x with "x" being the number of copies beyond the first copy (like *5)

re: Mississauga City Hall

Your model is still on the 3D Warehouse, Martinsizon. The link for it is here. It's very easy to find... just search for "mississauga" in 3D Warehouse.

i've copied it, but i don't know where to type the /5 or the *5 into

Just type it after you've copied it. What you typed will show up in the text box at the lower right of your screen.

Hey wylie,

The MaRS building is a huge hit here at MaRS (me = lucky intern). Keep an eye out on the MaRS blog. I showed it around and they're probably going to feature it soon.

That's great!

I wonder what your people have to say about the realism. I used a few photos, the site plan printed on the Doors Open brochure, and the aerial rendering from the web to do the buildings. Hardly enough to create even a 99% accurate model!

Blog post

It's up there now. They liked it, but Phase II will apparently be taller than you have it. A birdie told me to look for some news in the next month or two.

Back