News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Google Sketchup/Google Earth make great tools for visualizing not only buildings currently under construction or proposal, but also buildings that were never fully realized... the Eaton's College Street skyscraper, for example.

ecs.jpg

(I made this model mostly by looking at the famous rendering of the tower. Unfortunately there are no other drawings available, so the scale of parts of the building is based on guesswork. The top part of the tower looks more bulky than what is shown in the rendering)

Another unbuilt proposal from the files of College Park...

Eatons/John Maryon Tower

jmt.jpg

I actually hope to see the unbuilt College Park building models photoshopped into some photos of the current College Park area or skyline (like what cdl did with other building models a while back). Anybody interested in this project?

Wasn't that the tower destined for the current site of Old City Hall?

^All my sources (Emporis, Wikipedia) say College Park.

You are probably thinking about the original Eaton Centre proposal, which did call for the demolition of Old City Hall. I hope to do a model of that too eventually.

Wylie, not to be facetious, well, okay, I'm gonna go for it: did the Maryon tower not get built because of the noticeable lean to it?

Or is there something different about this model that makes it look like it's leaning where the others haven't before?

Too bad it was never built. If it had been, we could call it the leaning tower of Pizza Pizza.

Ha ha. I'm sick, OK? So give me a break.

Ok... here's a snapshot of the tower that doesn't show it leaning. Enjoy.

jmt-1.jpg

Wylie, as you've moved into Downtown East, it would be great to get... MoZo, ReZen, KingsCourt, Broadview Lofts, BMW, those weird green cube homes beside the Adelaide/Eastern/DVP ramps...

Man, that's one loaded wish list! I'll study those projects carefully and see which ones I would like to model.

Back