News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

L.A. Confidential - I haven't actually seen this, but if it is as good as the book (and surprisingly, all the opinions I've read say yes), then it is definitely a great film.

I haven't read the book, but the movie is terrific. Pick it up and give it a spin, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

American History X - A great film about hate.

Did you like "Crash"? It's a good film (a little over rated IMO) but I had a hell of a time getting through it, same with "American History X"

L.A. Confidential, the movie, really is great. I should also mention "American Beauty" as one of my favourite movies as well (also adapted from a book). A simple story but so much truth in it.

Talk about any great film you watched ever and say why you love it so much.

I noticed that violent foreign language films were getting very popular over the years.

So I checked out the best rated one, City Of God.

A film about life in a Brazilian slum in the 60-70's. Its shocking, its funny, its adventurous and its horrifying.

You do not know whether to laugh or cry at seeing 6-7 year olds firing 9mm at each other. Imo the characters are interesting but the whole way the show the lifestyle that really makes the film amazing. Its a film a 15 year old kid like and a film a 55 year film bluff can like. Its a nice mix of a gangster action film with epic crime drama.

Check it out...

You are completely right. I saw the film about a couple weeks after it won TIFF back in ? (cannot remember year) Ever since it has been my favourite movie. Also, if you are very interested by the topic of street kids/poverty/abuse in Brazil then check out Bus 174. It is very well made brazilian documentary.

I finally saw Children of Men the other day, directed by Mexican filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron. The story and visuals were absolutely brilliant. Hell, he even made stone-faced Clive Owen seem interesting.

Cuaron also directed the fantastic Mexican coming-of-age flick Y Tu Mama Tambien, and the third (and arguably best) Harry Potter film.

I finally saw Children of Men the other day, directed by Mexican filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron. The story and visuals were absolutely brilliant. Hell, he even made stone-faced Clive Owen seem interesting.

Cuaron also directed the fantastic Mexican coming-of-age flick Y Tu Mama Tambien, and the third (and arguably best) Harry Potter film.

I really liked Children of Men as well--not only for the excellent acting, that extended single take near the end and Michael Caine's character (always loved him) but largely for a frighteningly realistic look at the gradual breakdown of modern society.

I loved Princess Mononoke, but then I watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and I think it is even better, with an even stronger environmental message. It also happens to be one of the best dystopian science-fiction movies, I like it more than Children of Men, but that is still also one of my favourites.

It seems many of my favourite movies are dystopian sci-fi, I don't know why. I already mentioned Blade Runner, but I also liked Strange Days, Mad Max 2 and 3, A Scanner Darkly...

It seems many of my favourite movies are dystopian sci-fi, I don't know why. I already mentioned Blade Runner, but I also liked Strange Days, Mad Max 2 and 3, A Scanner Darkly...

With the exception of Beyond Thunderdome (for me), I agree wholeheartedly with this. I'll have to check out Princess Mononoke.

Some recent favourites...

The latest Star Trek - i was pleasantly surprised. You have to be a sci-fi fan to enjoy it though

The Hangover - I was high, but I probably still enjoy it without Mary Jane.

Pan's Labyrinth - it was on tv the other night, omigod-wonderful!

Amelie - feel-good movie

And the crap!

Taken - Liam Neeson can kick ass, but the story just didn't work out for me

Deja Vu - i think Denzil Washington was in this movie.

Baby Mama - not funny at all.

Any one see Drag Me To Hell? That was a lot of fun.

69d7f92c-1381-4951-b198-f4d2c73c3ff6_Thumb_drag-me-to-hell-movie_ugly_75.jpg

Make fun of me all you want.
About a month ago a friend loaned me a Blu ray copy of "Twilight". It sat on my coffee table until Sunday night when I decided to give it a half an hour then get it back to him and tell him I didn't like it. Well, I did like it - and so did my roomate. This is not the kind of film I'm supposed to like, but I enjoyed it a lot. It's a smaller studio film so the special FX aren't great but the story is good, the acting well done, well filmed and I found it completely engaging.
Perhaps senility is setting in early...

Make fun of me all you want.
About a month ago a friend loaned me a Blu ray copy of "Twilight". It sat on my coffee table until Sunday night when I decided to give it a half an hour then get it back to him and tell him I didn't like it. Well, I did like it - and so did my roomate. This is not the kind of film I'm supposed to like, but I enjoyed it a lot. It's a smaller studio film so the special FX aren't great but the story is good, the acting well done, well filmed and I found it completely engaging.
Perhaps senility is setting in early...

I have to agree with you. I was really surprised I ended up liking it. The trailer was enough to get me to watch it, but I did not expect to enjoy it nearly as much as I did.
The only thing I have to disagree with you on is the acting. One actor specifically: Kristen Stewart. She is seriously messed up. I don't know what's wrong with her, but she should definitely not be in acting.

I just watched One Week. Absolutely amazing!

If you are proud of Canada, and love this country as much as I do, then you should watch this.
It's not the acting that makes it so great. There really isn't all that much acting in it actually. It's the scenery, and the wordless emotions expressed through the entire movie that really just tugs at your heart strings.
http://www.oneweek.ca/

Back