News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Is this the stupidest project in the entire GTA?

• Of course it is.

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Without a doubt.

Votes: 46 65.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
August 25th

As can be seen, progress is slow. This project continues to barely crawl along. Or is it even moving along at all?

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Wow... nothing has changed for over a month. They're building it in spurts: in a 2 week span they'll add a couple of levels then stop for months, then they'll build the wall up to the point we see it now and stop again.

Hakim Optical must not have much motivation to move. I think we'll have to wait until the next building boom for a high end hotel to build on the current Hakim site. It's definitely prime real estate just sitting there.

I think we'll have to wait until the next building boom for a high end hotel to build on the current Hakim site. It's definitely prime real estate just sitting there.

Perhaps Pen Equity will be reorganized by then and they will built a hotel highrise clad in corrugated gray aluminum.

I shot a few on Monday and a waste of bandwidth to post them as it dead in the water again.

One would say lets get the ground level and 2nd floor done so we can move across the street to our new home and wait until more money roll in to do the next floor to gain a renter to help to pay for the rest of the construction. If this happens, then we can sell the exiting land to help cover the rest of the cost as well make some money.

What are we into for time line?? 2 or 3 years so far or more??

I noticed they now have HV up to the roof with a roof unit. There is some more stud wall up on the other floors as well, but nothing on enclosing them.

One would say lets get the ground level and 2nd floor done so we can move across the street to our new home and wait until more money roll in to do the next floor to gain a renter to help to pay for the rest of the construction.

It looks like an ideal space for a motorcycle club.:D

Oct 25

By the looks of things, current wall material has shown up on site.

If so, we may seen this thing enclose or near enclosed by year end finally.

IMG_oct-25-09-0306.jpg

IMG_oct-25-09-0307.jpg

I walk by this thing every day and I just wish it would be imploded. For such an important area like Yonge/Dundas, there sure has been a lot of crap built there.

This is the Permit Application info: From 2008.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Revision Issued

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 07 115958 BLD 01 BA Issued Date: Jun 17, 2008

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Multiple Projects

Description: REVISION TO EXISTING BUILDING PERMIT - revision to sprinkler permit and one storey brick veneer on 3 faces and change of door swing in retail space on ground floor. Permit for interior alteration to existing building - basement - ground and second floor - and addition of 3 new floors - mixed use retail / office space - see 06 157275 OA for OMB decission, 06 134512MV for minor variance - Hakim Building

I cannot find the OMB decision on their website -others may be luckier!

The glass looks like a random Richmond Hill building park, circa 1990.

I don't understand how a design can simultaneously be so bland and so busy.

Back