News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

There's no part about how the building will levitate once built. I guess Harry hasn't got to that part of the sales campaign yet.

Actually, now that you mention it, Harry Stinson does bear a striking resemblance to Doug Hennings, former magician and face of the Natural Law Party.

henning.jpg

compare:
stinson2.jpg

http://www.theconnaught.ca/

temp_home_topbar.jpg

Given the excitement about the Connaught project, we have accelerated the launch
of the sales program and a temporary presentation centre will be opening

Saturday June 7th at 1 James St. South
(south-east corner of James & King).

I went to the presentation this evening. Lots of good stuff, I have the papers of the renderings so tomorrow I'll scan them off. It includes the layouts.

Actually, now that you mention it, Harry Stinson does bear a striking resemblance to Doug Hennings, former magician and face of the Natural Law Party.

Speaking of resemblances, a slight mispronunciation of "Connaught" might sound more like "cannot" - which might actually suggest something profound about the future of this project.

It's like a pyramid (sort of); it's gotta levitate.

I can see the plan for the pyramid/tower helping to sell units in the existing structure - maybe more as investments. Promise a crazy-big, flashtacular project and people may say to themselves "I gotta get in on this" and they snap up the first units on the market. A little while later the tower gets cancelled but the refurb of the older building goes through. Or maybe the tower just gets brought down to size a bit... the tower may be more a strategy than an actual plan to build something.

I can see the plan for the pyramid/tower helping to sell units in the existing structure - maybe more as investments. Promise a crazy-big, flashtacular project and people may say to themselves "I gotta get in on this" and they snap up the first units on the market. A little while later the tower gets cancelled but the refurb of the older building goes through. Or maybe the tower just gets brought down to size a bit... the tower may be more a strategy than an actual plan to build something.

This is what many people think in Hamilton. There has been a lot of media exposure because of the huge tower and it's sparked a lot of conversation. Whether the press is good or bad doesn't matter, the strategy is working because the project is now in the public consciousness generating excitement. The most important thing to many people (including myself) is that the Royal Connaught is reopened.

It may work on Trylon folk but I'm more of a Perisphere person, myself.

Well, we'll soon see if Hamiltoniananites see themselves more as Perispherians or Trylonites.

Those suites look pretty tiny. Hamiltonians don't currently have to put up with the restricted room sizes we do in Toronto do they? I wonder how they'll react to these...

There are also two bedroom suites, it wasn't included in the booklet. Detailed information and exact configuration won't be ready until August. The one bedroom suite sells for $199,000.

The Royal Connaught inside is completely gutted just the basic frames so Stinson has plenty of options to choose for the layouts.

It seems like he's going on a standard condo/office model. I wonder why he didn't just do this before.

And am I missing something or were there no spelling mistakes? :p

Yes, it is quite literally a "pyramid scheme"! Complete with an actual pyramid!

Wouldn't this pyramid/tower look good on the old Sapphire site.Plus i don't think that there would be much of a shadow issue with the city.

I don't know if anyone has remarked this earlier in the thread, but this really reminds me of the Ryugyong Hotel!!

250px-Dprk_pyongyang_hotel_rugen_05_s.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryugyong_Hotel

Its 105 stories rise to a height of 330 m (1,083 ft), and it contains 360,000 m² (3.9 million square feet) of floor space, making it the most prominent feature of the city’s skyline and by far the largest structure in the country. At one time, it would have been the world's tallest hotel.

The hotel is structurally unsound. The concrete used to build it was of poor quality, and it is crumbling. Even without this to consider, the state of the North Korean economy is such that it doesn't have the raw materials, energy or financing for a project of this magnitude.

Back