News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I would LOVE to see this in the hammer coming over the mountain. Can't help to think it's doomed though concidering where the market is heading and Harry's lawsuits. My guess is that the only way this is successfull is if it's piggybacked with an NHL team relocation. But we'll see.

I dont know why he doesnt just do a series of regular sized developments to establish a more positive reputation and generate some positive cash flow? Why does he always have to be over the top fantasy projects that have very little chance of ever being built? Some people's egos just dont allow them to see reality I guess....

This better not turn into Hamilton's version of that Pyongyang giant pyramid hotel... unfinished and a laughing stock to the world.

He doesn't deserve a chance. He's blown his chance. 'cause he is always launching projects that are about "Harry"... they aren't about genuine city-building inclinations or even about delivering good value on a home in a semi-cool building.

These projects are all dirty because they are all about harry.

I hope Harry succeeds, that way he'll stick around for years. He's quite entertaining in a perverse way.

It is the same people who question a lot of projects. Give him a chance at least. They sale are suppose to open in June.

I personally hope that this project gets built. It would be like flipping a giant finger to the nay-sayers in Toronto (and this forum). Nothing says "F-U, Toronto" like a 1000 foot tall middle finger in Hamilton.

If you can't build a tower this tall in a booming market like Toronto how can you expect to build it in a low demand market like Hamilton?

He should try building a few 10 storey buildings first to see if there's any demand rather than going for 1000 feet right off. Just saying 1000 feet and Hamilton in the same sentence is surreal.

^ The Royal Connaught project involves two phases, the first phase will be renovating and expanding the Royal Connaught for hotel and condo spaces (that in my opinion is a good start for Harry) than it's off to Phase II for the condo tower.

Well, I could see the hotel renovation working out ok, but I'm quite skeptical about the tower. I'd be amazed if the market was there for it in Hamilton. And at 1000 feet? Wouldn't that make it the tallest building in Canada period, whether residential or office (if you don't count the antennas on FCP)?

If built, it'll be modest. However, by claiming to be planning the tallest residential building in Canada, he's grabbing all the headlines and generating interest. The premise of the supertall tower markets the projects. But this being Harry, other aspects of the project may go wrong. I don't have much faith in the project either.

I personally hope that this project gets built. It would be like flipping a giant finger to the nay-sayers in Toronto (and this forum). Nothing says "F-U, Toronto" like a 1000 foot tall middle finger in Hamilton.

It would be more successful at that then those "Toronto Sucks" billboards. Those sure took us down a notch :rolleyes:.

Back