News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Maybe Hero Burger will force Harveys to expand their burger topping selection to stay competitive. The best part of a Hero Burger is the selection of sauces.

I rarely eat Hero burgers anymore, though least year or so I was a fairly regular customer. Hero Burger is too expensive, and the quality just isn't as good as it used to be. It really only competes with Harvey's if you buy no additional toppings, but that takes 100% of the novelty value out of Hero's burgers.

What Harvey's Needs

Here is my top five list for what would make me take another look at Harveys:

1) Go back to real french fries (fresh), CARA already knows how to do good fries, (see Swiss Chalet), bring that knowlege over to Harveys'!

2) Expand the topping list, not massively, just a tiny bit. My number one request, Dijon Mustard, #2 More varieties of cheese

3) Bring back the salmon burger or other real fish burger (one species per burger limit!

4) Real chicken breast, chicken burgers (or turkey would be fine). Not those hockey puck things than only vaguely resemble poultry

5) Gingerale at the pop machine.

Done.

Swiss Chalet's fries are possibly the worst corporate fries currently on the market...Harvey's old fries were pure heaven. Yeah, they're similar, but it's fries...you notice the tiniest difference.

I haven't noticed a decline in Second Cups, though they do pale in comparison with Starbucks and tim Horton's rapid growth.

Swiss Chalet's fries are utter garbage.

I cut back on burger consumption, and have been pop-free for half a year.

Feels good.

I've been informed that the St. Clair/Vaughan Harvey's recently closed.

I don't mind Swiss fries that much at all, but I find the mushrooms and salads to be welcome alternatives. Harvey's fries aren't good at all (I think KFC has worse though), I prefer the onion rings (guilty pleasure).

You are correct about the move!

There is still a Harveys at St. Clair and Keele, and in the local Home Depot (which is a 2 minute walk through some parking lots).

The Second Cup near St.Clair on Yonge is no longer 24 hour!! This city is falling apart. I'm moving to Detriot or Philadelphia.

Back