News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The one on Jarvis or Church at Gerrard was just as bad. I saw a drug deal happening while woofing down my burger.

It's Jarvis and Gerrard. Locals and Ryerson students know it as Hooker Harvey's for a reason. The stall in Eaton Centre is well-run, but damned hard to get a seat at lunch. The deceased one at Market Square was always good and clean as well.

The one at Brimley and Sheppard has also turned into a Filipino restaurant.

It's definitely a good plan for them to shrink down to the corporate restaurants. I noticed a very big quality difference between different outlets, and I assume the franchisees are the problem.

Harvey's is upstairs; Cinnabon's downstairs. Maybe that says something.

Come to think of it, in the Canadiana spirit of Harvey's, maybe if Cinnabon belongs downstairs, Beavertails belongs upstairs...

Harvey's

Related note.

Has anyone else noticed that over 75% of all Harveys in the 416 have been closed?

Downtown:

Gone is the old U of T/Bloor St location
Gone is the old Carlton St Location

(both recent)

Previously folded

Queen St
Yonge near Dundas

Soon to go

Bloor/Yonge (to make way for 1 Bloor)

But wait there's more (errrr, less)

Gone is the one on Broadview by Pottery
Gone is Warden & Danforth
Gone is Markham Rd & Tuxedo Crt

This all happened (or mostly) at the same time as their menu was stripped down.

According to their website they are seeing new franchaisees for a major expansion push in Southern Ontario beginning fall '07.

Does anyone know what they're up to?

Anything to do with the rumoured arrival of U.S. burger chain Carl Juniors?

I know of at least 3 more in Scarborough that have closed...there's the beginnings of a detailed Harvey's discussion in the One Bedford thread but it got shot down.

The Front St location (between Church and Jarvis) is gone as well (replaced by a TD Bank).

More for the list:

Jane and Falstaff
Lansdowne and College
Cawthra and Lakeshore (Mississauga)
Hurontario and King (Mississauga)
Hurontario and County Court (Brampton)
Kennedy and Glidden (Brampton)
St. Clair and Caledonia (now Coffee Time)

Perhaps it would be quicker and easier to make a list of Harvey's that are still open and slowly edit it as they are eliminated?

Off topic, but there was a Licks' that closed down in Mississauga at Burnhamthorpe.

Is the Harveys at Hurontario & Eglinton still open?

One more to add to the list:

Eglinton & Dixie Road (next to Petro-Can and Staples)

Closed a couple of months back.

Licks also closed on Dundas west of Dixie. They are still in business at Hurontario and Eglinton.

Regarding Harvey's, they did good burgers, but that's probably not enough these days. Last time I was in a Harvey's, some time ago, there was a noticeable lack of "healthy" food on the menu. Not sure if this is a reason why so many of them are closing.

I really liked Harvey's salmon burger, and was pissed off when it was dropped from the menu a couple of years ago. I suppose there weren't enough people buying it, but it made me feel better about eating at a fast food joint.

Back