News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I won't let my girlfriend find out you were feeding the ducks. We have tons in the slip in front of our building and she considers them hers, and after some research it's a bad thing to be feeding them anything, nevermind KFC.

The benches do look awesome. When I walked by around 2pm today they had the middle section complete, and workers were doing some touch ups on other parts (hard to tell what they were doing exactly other than drilling holes in the wood and removing the odd plank, but I'm sure it'll make sense in a day or two). Now if only Coffee Time would go under so that way a Starbucks, Lettieri, etc could go in its place, it would make for an awesome hangout.

I'd say this is a great way to start the Harbourfront. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Sorry about the ducks. Tell your girlfriend that they were giving me "puppy eyes" and I couldn't resist. Somehow a Canada Goose found out about the party and soon crashed it. He was staring in a pretty threatening fashion at my dangling feet over the water so I had to go find someplace else to sit.

I'm sure Starbucks will soon cash out on the Queens Quay redevelopment, as will many other entrepreneurs.

The good news is that these quay decks will become ubiquitous along Queens Quay so we won't see crowding on any particular quay once more of them pop up.

I shouldn't be so lazy and go look at the PDF myself, but if anybody knows off the top of their head when the next three quays are supposed to be finished, please let us know.

I remember they're going to start building them in the fall so perhaps by the end of next summer, we'll have four of these already built.

When are the bridges going to start getting built? Same time as the slips?
There is no bridge for the Spadina slip, right?

khristopher:

Please READ the resources that have been posted here in this thread (e.g. the link DSC provided) - the answers are right there.

AoD

Just as I thought. The slip was meant to be a place to sit down without benches.

spadinaslip1le6.jpg

spadinaslip2ta6.jpg

khristopher:

Please READ the resources that have been posted here in this thread (e.g. the link DSC provided) - the answers are right there.

AoD

Aren't moderators supposed to be friendly?
Isn't this a discussion board?
I'm sorry that I don't know all the answers to my questions or that I didn't read everything.
The answers are not all right there. I know now that there will be a Spadina Bridge, but it doesn't say when it will be built. Only that there is recommendation to proceed.

Just as I thought. The slip was meant to be a place to sit down without benches.

No, if you would look at the more details planning documents (in this case, presentation by WT back in late 2007):

SpadinaSlip1.jpg

SpadinaSlip2.jpg

SpadinaSlip3.jpg

(all images copyrighted to WaterfronToronto, West 8, et al.)

Regardless, the benches are there now and here to stay.

AoD

I looked through many pdf's and have never seen any of the images shown above.
Well at least it looks decent.

I'm just looking through the pdf from the June 12 meeting. Was the plan always to have seven of these slips in total? I thought there was only going to be four and never knew that portland, parliament and yonge were getting slips. Are these a recent addition?

Hopefully this baby should be ready by next weekend. It's difficult to get a decent long shot here with the east side closed and a ship on the west side of the slip.

PICT1616.jpg

PICT1617.jpg

PICT1618.jpg

PICT1619.jpg

PICT1621.jpg

PICT1624.jpg

nice! that looks really good.

can't wait to see the other slips get theirs as well.

I wonder if they're going to paint the metal parts. I'm guessing not. I think it would have been easier to do that before putting the wood on the benches.

I wonder if they're going to paint the metal parts. I'm guessing not. I think it would have been easier to do that before putting the wood on the benches.

They already look painted.

I love the bench. Its a barrier without really being a barrier. I think the railing should go though. Whats the point of having one, especially since it doesnt cover the entire length of the slip?

Back