News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

While I don't doubt that the built curves will be very exaggerated, I have a feeling that there's a bit of artistic liberty in those renderings. Either that or some crazily rendered lens distortion. I'm also a touch skeptical regarding the 'opening summer 2009' claim. I guess late September is possible, which wouldn't nullify the claim, however it could be construed as being misleading.

Either way, if the Spadina deck is anything to go by, the entire Wave Deck project is wonderful and I can wait a little longer in exchange for some enticing public waterfront spaces.

I don't think so ...

If you look at all the other renders particular the Reese deck you'll notice it's a lot more tame i.e. no artistic touch there.

Maybe not to the degree they are in the picture but I reckon they'll be difficult to walk on :)

BTW I think some are missing the good post a page back.

If you've seen a detailed picture of this deck you'll notice that the curved area is actually blocked off from the street with a gate/fence!

To get to the curved area there is only 1 / 2 entrances.

I hope that makes it clearer ... frankly I'm more confused after reading my own post :)

103_2963.jpg

nice! thanks for the update!
I cant wait till they close down half of QQ blvd.. that will make the biggest difference on the harbourfront.

^^Wow, that's actually really cool!! Sometimes the city really does have some good and practical ideas

^^Wow, that's actually really cool!! Sometimes the city really does have some good and practical ideas

That's not a City of Toronto idea. All boats use agitators in the winter so that that ice build up doesn't crack the hull.

Back