News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I wonder why the LCBO stores attract so many beggars. No other street level retailer I’m aware of is almost guaranteed to have someone out front begging for money from its retailer. What’s with the LCBO? Are the takings more? Even if I was open to sustaining this activity I can’t imagine I’d ever have cash on me - every customer I see pays by card.

I wonder why the LCBO stores attract so many beggars. No other street level retailer I’m aware of is almost guaranteed to have someone out front begging for money from its retailer. What’s with the LCBO? Are the takings more? Even if I was open to sustaining this activity I can’t imagine I’d ever have cash on me - every customer I see pays by card.
Interesting. I've developed that impression with Shoppers Drug Mart.

I think it's probably smart to be right in front of where regular shopping takes place in high traffic. But like you said, most people I know pay by card nowadays. I probably couldn't tell you with certainty if I have paid for even one transaction with cash in 2020 (given COVID).

You may never know if someone pickpockets a credit card or a debit card.

These happen more often than not.

Fortunately, I have only one credit card and one debit card and they are safe.

I imagine they intend the spend their earnings nearby.

Interesting. I've developed that impression with Shoppers Drug Mart.

I think it's probably smart to be right in front of where regular shopping takes place in high traffic. But like you said, most people I know pay by card nowadays. I probably couldn't tell you with certainty if I have paid for even one transaction with cash in 2020 (given COVID).
I think that by 2025 Canada will mostly have reached what Sweden has already formally done, that of becoming a cashless society. There are no beggars in Sweden, nor bank robberies for that matter.

Edit, apparently Sweden’s beggars take plastic?

I think that by 2025 Canada will mostly have reached what Sweden has already formally done, that of becoming a cashless society. There are no beggars in Sweden, nor bank robberies for that matter.

Stockholm should have public smartphone-charging stations and free Wi-Fi to allow the homeless to accept payments by debit card through smartphones.

I hope that never happens. My debit card has been hacked again! over $700 stolen!!!!!!!!! This is the third time in five years. I will be paying cash for most of my purchase now, The police and RBC employee, told me to de-activate the chip in my debit and credit card.

Cash will always be king!!

Anyplace I can't tap with my watch or phone I won't bother shopping at.
But I also don't shop at sketchy stores that duplicate my tap data.

Does your bank not cover it? Last time it happened to me, my bank forgave the amount fraudulently withdrawn--$500. Since then I have gone strictly CC and occasional cash. With COVID it is essentially 100% CC. Tap has made it more convenient and faster than any other payment method. I used to feel foolish buying a $3 coffee on my CC--not anymore.

Back