News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Okay, I'm beginning to miss the 1980s. No airborne viral pandemics, no offshoring of jobs to China, no Chinese interference or bullying the world, Hong Kong (until 1987) under local/western control, much smaller America interference in the Middle East (after the 1983 Beirut barracks attack the USA withdrew from the region, until Gulf War One in 1991), and simpler socio-political lives in Canada.

Does anyone remember watching this in the early house of the morning in the 80's?

It is mind blowing to see what was considered advanced in the early 80s. Remember a TV show called 'In Search of...' hosted by Leonard Nimoy? Yes, not all that good on facts or rigorous research, but highly amusing nonetheless! Here is what they thought the future would circa 1981. Interesting!

1980-interior.png

Missing these types of interiors. I can imagine the main character just sitting by the couch smoking or even just on the phone and someone's handing them grapes LOLIt's nice tho that a ton of furniture companies out there are trying to bring it back with their own twists.

Okay, I'm beginning to miss the 1980s. No airborne viral pandemics, no offshoring of jobs to China, no Chinese interference or bullying the world, Hong Kong (until 1987) under local/western control, much smaller America interference in the Middle East (after the 1983 Beirut barracks attack the USA withdrew from the region, until Gulf War One in 1991), and simpler socio-political lives in Canada.

I don't know.....Germany was still split in half for no good reason.

I thought more music programming becoming available on TV in the early 1980s would be an improvement, but I was wrong.
In the 1970s, rock musicians were mostly ugly, and were largely seen only on things like (Don Kirshner's) Rock Concert.
The MTV world of the 1980s caused the music to become more shallow and forgettable, and the early part of the 1980s had the remnants of leftover ugly 1970s bands in (often low budget) silly videos, frequently in Mad-Max inspired "post apocalyptic" settings, though always a strangely specific type of apocalypse where unseen hair stylists and costume designers had apparently survived.

Last edited:
My 1980s were very busy: end of high school; Cégep; university (that's when I moved out on my own); first "real" job; move from Québec City to Toronto; government job I hated; became self-employed. Subsequent decades were uneventful in comparison. But the only thing I miss is being younger.

Back