News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

"Is the podium that height or is it going to be taller? Dinky little podiums do nothing for the streetwall. "

I'd say taller (as tall as the concrete wall on phase one)

SPM and I walked around this project yesterday, and I can confirm that the podium height is five floors. Phase two, which is for sale now, is that rather unfortunate slab that is gradually hiding more and more of the rather beautifully curvaceous west side of phase one from view as the slab rises. We wandered in to the sales centre and I registered a polite complaint about the banality of the slab, and was encouraged to send a note of protest to the Conservatory Group. I'll get on that shortly...

Conservatory owns the land between phases one/two and the Gardiner, so while the sales receptionist did not know when it would happen, one can speculate that a repeat performance may be in the works for that southern site soon. It's a slightly smaller piece of land (maybe 70% the size?), so hopefully there'll be no room for a slab, just something curvy maybe...

East of the Conservatory holdings, the rest of the land over to York Street is owned by H&R Developments, who are currently putting in a parking lot.

And a rather permanent parking lot at that it seems. Sewers are being installed.

ahhh ... so it H&R

looks like the recently approved (well 2001) twin 21 storey office towers are out

I still can quite understand why they wouldn't put the slab tower on the east side of Innfinity 1 instead of the west side. That side is so plain, almost like they plan to cover it up some day.

Infinity II

Infinity II has topped out. The precast is being added to the top. The top floor seems to have a weird curve to it,
and the east side of the building has a bunch of jags and unusual angles. It's unfortunate considering the modest strength of Infinity I.

at the very least the west side (facing outwards) of this slab appears it will be all glass above the podium

im glad when buildings are topped off and the crane removed because there are many sites arouind the city waiting for one.

May 3:

infinityzh5.jpg

There are supposed to be two more towers with this project. No idea how tall.

I just find commerce court looks amazing in that picture.

What is going on with the TD Centre building in that picture. It looks like the middle floors have been censored.

That is weird. Looking at the original, I think it's a trick caused by the south TD centre tower (whatever it's called these days) being in front of the TD tower at that angle and shadowing/reflecting off of RBC.

These buildings look fine now – they are all shiny and new. They will look absolutely dreadful in twenty years time when they are all stained, chipped and in need of many replacement panels as their cheapness starts to become increasingly apparent.

Back