News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Kids... :rolleyes:

Anyway - despite the incomplete illuminated tusks/lighting elements being a minor issue (plus I'm sure many people don't like them anyway), I have this feeling that Councillor Anne Stevenson would be have a more sympathetic ear than Scott McKeen.
Sympathetic not necessarily ... but a fined tuned ear certainly.

If you don't like the heat, get out of the hot oil.
i see you still give better advice to others than you accept from others IanO. :(

in that respect, as well as some others, you are most certainly the one who is still a grasshopper and not a master, something that won't change until the grasshopper gives up the pretentious self-importance and becomes instead a willing student.

we all wish you luck on your continued journey, regardless of the path you choose.

Reply from the COE today... they've given up/abandoned completing the decorative lighting elements. I guess what you see above in that unfinished state is what we get? Good enough for our premier Avenue!

'During detailed design and construction of the project, we found that the unique lighting elements could not be practicably fabricated to achieve the requirements for quality and maintenance/operational needs. We attempted to resolve these issues with our vendor (EPCOR Technologies) from 2013 to 2018 before accepting that the desired solution could not be found.

Learning from the experience of the first phase of Jasper Avenue New Vision, we have subsequently taken a more robust and proven design approach for the second phase from 100 Street to 97 Street; which has successfully been installed and into service as of fall 2021'

i see you still give better advice to others than you accept from others IanO. :(

in that respect, as well as some others, you are most certainly the one who is still a grasshopper and not a master, something that won't change until the grasshopper gives up the pretentious self-importance and becomes instead a willing student.

we all wish you luck on your continued journey, regardless of the path you choose.
And to you on yours.

Reply from the COE today... they've given up/abandoned completing the decorative lighting elements. I guess what you see above in that unfinished state is what we get? Good enough for our premier Avenue!

'During detailed design and construction of the project, we found that the unique lighting elements could not be practicably fabricated to achieve the requirements for quality and maintenance/operational needs. We attempted to resolve these issues with our vendor (EPCOR Technologies) from 2013 to 2018 before accepting that the desired solution could not be found.

Learning from the experience of the first phase of Jasper Avenue New Vision, we have subsequently taken a more robust and proven design approach for the second phase from 100 Street to 97 Street; which has successfully been installed and into service as of fall 2021'
I should add that the rope lighting (which I had requested to be installed and like) was always meant to be temporary and a placeholder for the finished product will now be the permanent solution.

North side 97 to 100 was done last year. The section at 98st to the Courtyard Marriot was not done last year.

The sections from 97st east were not done.
That stretch looks done to me (both the north and south sides):

September 2021
CONNECTExplorer™.png

Back