News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It was a tough fight to get the bump out platform as it was removing parking spots as well the ramp area.

Take a walk down Roncesvalles at 6:30 am on a Sat and Sunday to see how many vehicles are park that by residents. To remove a side of a street for bike lanes will be an all out war by the locals as well the local councilor.
Eventually the culture will change. It takes time. Younger generations don't have such an attachment to the car especially with condo living. Plus they cannot afford it given the costs associated with it.

Eventually the culture will change. It takes time. Younger generations don't have such an attachment to the car especially with condo living. Plus they cannot afford it given the costs associated with it.

True enough, but one has to be careful about expectations, The Roncy neighbourhood is dense with many of the old houses already containing multiple units. If anything, density is rising. So the overall auto saturation is high, and may well stay high, even with possibly a lower absolute % of people owning cars. Finding a parking spot may remain a challenge.

Roncesvalles does not have back alleys suitable for commercial traffic behind a number of the businesses. The streetfront is the only point of access for some.

The only solution to densification is fewer people owning cars... the roads are already full. But we will always have a challenge to find space for the cars that will remain.

- Paul

I give them more credit than that.

The issue is not that the Roncesvalles business district will lose all its customers if parking is restricted - they won't.

Parking is already fairly limited, certainly in comparison to say Bloor which has off-street Green P lots. As you note, some come by bicycles, more come by transit, and a great many more walk.... Roncy has great placement within the surrounding residential streets.
Again, my impression is that the BIA underestimates the impact of people coming by transit -- because the store owners themselves tend to drive. When the 504 was not running, my commute pattern changed completely and I was on Roncy much less than I would have been otherwise. I'm sure it was the same for many others, and when I did go shopping during the evening rush, shops felt quite empty. It's very different now

Sept 16
I finally made it to KQQK as every time I was to it, something side tack it.

Not surprise to see what I saw and now in the hands of TTC,

3 501 were in the ROW going eastbound with one in Sunnyside loop when I arrived.

The city needs to turn on the traffic lights at Sunnyside Dr and do the landscaping by Parkside Station Area that will not effect TTC at all.

Final clean up is required.

TTC still has to installed the 2 shelters and the OS as all the poles in place and wired.

Once the tracks are clean and the OS strung. TTC can start the testing of the new ROW, especially the elevated curves. The testing of the curves will set the max speed limit the curve can handle regardless of the road speed.

Don't expect TTC will start service out to Long Branch before the Oct board change.

Leaving the area, 3 501's in the ROW, 1 in the loop and an other waiting to get into the loop.

All traffic lanes back to normal, but drivers are having an issue going East at King with the light. Driver look at the 2 red lights for turning left and not the single green to get to Queen St. Seen this issue almost every time I been in the area once the new lights were in place.

They are building the new south side sidewalk where the road used toi be,

Another project to cross off my list to visit and shoot. Once TTC starts running service on the new ROW, will get some shots and videos for it when I have time.

Shot the area and part of my 1400 backlog and basely the same as the last posted ones.

So much design and construction, and yet...they couldn't be bothered to install bike lanes to connect to the existing ones just west of the hospital...

🤬
Not enough room unless you remove an lane of traffic which will go over like a lead balloon, but there are bike lanes 1 block west of the hospital

Can't get in an southside sidewalk now

Last edited:
Sept 16
All the photos for Sept up on my site now Up to this date. You can see there are and not are bike lanes there due to road condition
53215874042_421546a611_b.jpg

53217138404_c364d0acfe_b.jpg

53217058133_a1ede04219_b.jpg

53216749516_2e84e041c4_b.jpg

53217058263_148ebe3507_b.jpg

5 LRV's waiting to go into service for 501

53216749096_d6441707d3_b.jpg

They will have to rip up those tracks to replace a sewer line that they forgot about, and the new track laid will be slightly out of alignment requiring the work to be done again. That's why it's going to take 5 more years.

Back