News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Bumping an old thread!

There still isn't anything going on in that former car dealership spot on Bayview (just north of Eglinton). I pass by it almost every other day. Just an empty lot that is nice and clear now. haha

They are building a new plaza on Laird though (beside the large Telus building). From the brand new signage they put on the existing construction walls it will be called "Leaside Village". I'll try and get a picture of it later. The lot is huge, so it may be a worthy addition to the neighbourhood.

Looks like the major tenant of the Leaside Village dev will be Longo's. That pretty much completes the grocery store supply of the area. Two Loblaws, a Metro, and a Sobey's are already within walking distance, with Whole Foods set to build at Bayview and Broadview. I'm just happy it's not a car dealership like originally planned.

Looks like the major tenant of the Leaside Village dev will be Longo's. That pretty much completes the grocery store supply of the area. Two Loblaws, a Metro, and a Sobey's are already within walking distance, with Whole Foods set to build at Bayview and Broadview. I'm just happy it's not a car dealership like originally planned.

I think you meant Bayview & Broadway... but yes, a Whole Foods is a much better addition than just a random plaza. Are they still going to put a small LCBO there?

Another welcome addition to Leaside Village is the Against the Grain restaurant/pub. The current one at the Corus building overlooking Lake Ontario is quite nice. From what I've seen, they have completely cleared the land and are doing early piping and foundation work.

From what I've seen, they have completely cleared the land and are doing early piping and foundation work.

Yup, full crew on site working away. Shouldn't take too long to finish the complex, either.

As for Against the Grain, a gastropub is just what the area needs, but $15 for a pulled pork sandwich? Yeesh.

Took some quick drive by shots of the construction of Longos in Leaside. They are repurposing an old building that was previously built by the Canadian Northern Railway Eastern Line to serve as a locomotive shop in 1919 [more info]. They are far from done. Inside is still being cleared of old junk and debris.

First a murder, now Chopstick is doing a drive-by... What's this neighbourhood coming to?

Rode by the new 'Leaside Village' development on Laird yesterday. Longo's looks to be mostly glassed in now and there are several other buildings on their way to completion in front of it. From the signs on the fencing around the site here is what is expected to be in there along with Longos:

Bulk Barn
Linen Chest
Against the Grain (same restaurant that's in the Chorus Building)
Booster Juice
Mucho Burrito
Pet Valu
Beer Store

From what I can tell the site is very tight with every store in its own building. Seems like there will be less parking than you typically see in developments like this.

Confirmed there is going to be a Five Guys Burger and Fries at Leaside Village.

Waistline is going to get a bit bigger this summer.

Haha, just about to post the Five Guys news. Have you tried them? BTW looks like it's up to us to keep the Leaside thread alive. BTW #2, BlogTO had a feature on Millwood Rd. the leadoff picture of which is the Sleuth of Baker Street, a mystery book store that is right across the street from where I live. How cool is that?

Apperantly there was a big uprise about a potential walmart to the location.

Talk about NIMBYism!

North Toronto Post had an article about the bruhaha over Walmart potentially moving here. The developer won't confirm or deny, saying that they don't have a firm tenant yet. However, they did say that the space allotted for the major tenant is 80,000 sq ft, whereas Walmart's smallest stores are at least 90,000. So that's encouraging, since I'd hate to have a Walmart here, as well. As big as they are, there's never anything we want to buy there.

I've also heard thru my carguy that there's a Hyundai dealership going in across the street from the Gyro Mazda. Good news for me and my 2011 Tucson.

Back