News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Crane came down today:

4382446367_e887188c95_o.jpg

Sorry-- when is the city going to step in and put an end to the one-after-another hideous "towers" going up in Liberty Village? I have yet to see something come out of Liberty Village that isn't a letdown, whether it be horrendous massing, mismatched materials, or parking lots.

Sorry-- when is the city going to step in and put an end to the one-after-another hideous "towers" going up in Liberty Village? I have yet to see something come out of Liberty Village that isn't a letdown, whether it be horrendous massing, mismatched materials, or parking lots.

I agree, the only building I like there is Toy Factory Lofts. All the other buildings are "meh" to just plain ugly. Hopefully we'll start seeing some better designs but the damage is already done :(

I was very critical of this project the moment I saw that grey and blue cladding (i think its called). I drive by this project daily and its starting to grow on me. The blue cladding on the side facing south from the Gardener actually looks good. I am reconsidering the project and plan to spend some money on upgrades. I will wait until building is finished to make a final judgement. To other critical posters above, its not the Ritz Carlton. Many units were purchased for around $300 psf

March 31 2010 update

Northeast Elevations - LVT topped off, Bliss @ 12th
Click to Enlarge

LVT's Rooftop Architectural Feature

LVT Townhomes on East Liberty Street

LVT East / West Elevations - not liking the multi tone glass / spandrel combo

LVT's Entrance Driveway ... Connecting Bridge (rec centre) between LVT & Bliss is behind the truck

Hi people/future neighbours,

Is it just me or does it seem like the progress on LVT has stalled? Seems they've focused most of their manpower at getting Bliss up and standing, while it's taking them forever to get the windows up on LVT so that they can start work on the interior.

I'm just trying to get a sense of whether they are on or behind schedule with the dates they mailed out in Feb. I'm on the 24th floor and my date is Jan 13, 2011. I saw a previous post of Sep 29 for the 10th/11th floor ... is there anyone who posts here who bought on a lower floor and who is willing to share their date that canalfa provided them?

Thanks!

There's also a Facebook group for this project that might have more info for you. I believe people start moving in at the beginning of August and it's about a floor a week and from the progress I've seen so far (about a floor a week for Bliss and a floor/week for the glass on LVT), your move in date sounds about right. Be thankful it's so late - you'll avoid much of the construction dust/dirt and many more of the common areas will be finished (plus no wasted phantom rent!).

Thanks Simuls,

If that's the case, would you think they're behind schedule? The way I see it, say the first move is on August 1st. Then to meet the 30-day inspection, the bottom units have to be ready by July 1st. At the rate of putting windows up at a rate of 1 floor per week and there are 10 floors left, that takes us into mid-June which gives them 2 weeks to finish the bottom floors which I don't think is enough time. Also, I think lately they're putting up windows slower than 1 floor per week. They didn't put up any windows last week even though the weather was gorgeous. They're progress is frustrating me a little.

Anyways, I'd still be interested to learn of some of the closing dates that were mailed in February if anyone is willing to share ... and any feedback from people who agree/disagree with me here. Cheers everyone.

i agree, they seemed to have slowed down..... a bit. however, i do think that they will start completing the interior before they finish putting up all the glass. so i am sure they will start finishing the first few floors soon. i drove by on saturday and noticed that they put the mechanical windows in (the windows that can open & close). they hadn't installed those until recently (up until now those openings were just boarded up). So it is likely that you'll be getting it when your letter said you will get it. I heard someone say they were the last week of October for the 15th floor.

Back