News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
another great pic from an angle we don't usually see, lots of textures in this one....

I have a loft on 10 and 11, I got confirmed occupancy update for Sept 29th 2010... The occupancy date I got with my purchase was July 31st 2010 which is almost exactly when the lower floors will start moving in...

Good to see this project moving along and on target~!

Good to see this project moving along and on target~!

haha. On target if you bought late in the process. If you bought when most people did - when it went on sale in May of 2006, then your original occupancy was Sep.30, 2008. A little off target as some occupancies are even going into 2011 - and that's barring any further delays ;)

I believe, depending on floor, it was between $290-$340/ft, not including pkg, locker. It would now sell for between $450-$600/ft including Pkg/locker.

Taken today in the gloom

4360376410_27775a2056.jpg

There is a huge difference in the visual quality between this building and the Monarch ones across the street.

4359644481_46587cd349.jpg

There is a huge difference in the visual quality between this building and the Monarch ones across the street.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad comment, but they will certainly look completely different. I'm disappointed in the grey spandrels as they were supposed to be jet black according to models/renderings, but I do like the charcoal brick. Even then, this is basically a big rectangular box with an art deco treatment on the southern end and a curved mechanical roof as its only architectural flourishes. While I like the podiums for Monarch's buildings - they really fit in with the area - the green spandrels just kill the whole project for me. With King West Life going to the west of this and favouring the Monarch model in terms of colour and texture, the dark nature of this building will really stand out in LV. Only time will tell if that's in a good or bad way.

Once again, the lesson here is not to take the renderings at face value with regards to how the finish product will look in real life. But I would have preferred black as well. Maybe it's more expensive?

Last edited:
I went by the sales centre on Saturday and looked at the model. The building going up is identical to the model (except for the grey instead of black). Too bad, the model looks pretty good. The structure going up looks awful (to date). I was planning on spending alot of money upgrading my unit and living there for several years. Now I'm thinking of flipping it after a year.

Maybe so. That means the area will have two ugly condos. I will never buy pre construction again. At least my unit has appreciated in value since purchase.

Maybe so. That means the area will have two ugly condos. I will never buy pre construction again. At least my unit has appreciated in value since purchase.

i'm sure you'll continue to buy pre-construction after seeing the return on your investment.

haha. On target if you bought late in the process. If you bought when most people did - when it went on sale in May of 2006, then your original occupancy was Sep.30, 2008. A little off target as some occupancies are even going into 2011 - and that's barring any further delays ;)

I meant on target from when they actually started construction, in the grand scheme of things yes, they're not even close.

February 20 2010 update

The curved mechanical roof is quite pronounced now ~
IMG_2090.jpg

Back