News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The stations are rather plain but still decent and functional. Also, unlike VIVA, the frequency will be there. These 2 routes already run more than every 10 minutes during the day and every 6 minutes in rush hour and that frequency will increase. London's BRT will also be faster as it won't have near as many stations as VIVA , making it reasonably fast.
At least the Yonge Rapidway might have decent frequencies considering Viva Blue is the only viva route that doesn't have insanely long headways :/

Just me or do those platforms not look like they can provide on-level boarding?

Bad from accessibility and efficiency perspective, and very easy to achieve just by raising the platforms a bit. The time savings from easy boarding and alightment will more than offset the additional cost.

Yes, they are to have level boarding, all door entry/ entry on articulated buses, ticket vending machines, and real time arrivals. The system is also suppose to be 100% electric increasing acceleration and reducing noise. London has a goal of having it's entire fleet zero emissions by 2033.

Last edited:
This is good news and confirms that the city really is serious about it's BRT. Of course it would have better to have the route to Western but that was too politically wrought and one of the biggest opponents was actually Western. I hope they can revisit it and choice an alternative route from downtown like Wharncliff/Western.

Given how often the kind of issues they have been having with Western disappear once the first line in a given city opens that I've got a lot of sympathy for dropping the issue for the moment and coming back to it later. Particularly with the potential the northern route has for light rail.

This is good news and confirms that the city really is serious about it's BRT. Of course it would have better to have the route to Western but that was too politically wrought and one of the biggest opponents was actually Western. I hope they can revisit it and choice an alternative route from downtown like Wharncliff/Western.
The media over played this. Western had initial reservations about LRT wires and science tech being impacted, and then about bus frequencies. The administration backed off when student council backed it. They were not against it by the end, and the biggest opponent was the Ward Councillor Phil Squire. I was a Western student at the time.

I don't get going through the trouble of building BRT and then putting in crappy bus shelters. That just makes it a glorified bus lane. At least the BRT line should have distinct shelters with some climate controls.

Even though only 3/5 legs are being built, it’s great to see BRT coming to London.

It's better than nothing I guess, considering they've been a serious laggard at transit building. Hopefully it will be a success and encourage further expansion and upgrade to LRT.

It's better than nothing I guess, considering they've been a serious laggard at transit building. Hopefully it will be a success and encourage further expansion and upgrade to LRT.
Not just transit building, infrastructure building in general. London did the worst thing possible - they rejected a ring road highway in the 1960, but failed to build any other suitable infrastructure for moving people. I would boldly proclaim that London has the worst traffic in Ontario. I agree with you, I hope that these three pieces of BRT infrastructure help to encourage more routes, with eventual higher-order (LRT) upgrades.

Back